Chap 23: Trapped in Shadows

Trigger Warning! This scene briefly includes abuse and sexual violence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loki:

"This may hurt." I announce as I dive deep into her mind.

But nothing can prepare me for the scene that unfolds before my eyes. I watch cautiously as a teenaged Kamilla wakes up to find that her bony arms and legs are tied tightly with several ropes. I watch her eyes widen as she realizes that she's locked in the small trunk of a car. Kamilla struggles against the ropes but they don't budge, so she begins yelling at the top of her lungs. "What the hell is going on! Help me!! Somebody get me out of here!!"

The trunk of the car swings open with a noisy creak, and a handsome face appears. A tall brown-haired man, dressed in jeans and a t-shirt, leans over her with a smug expression.

  "Jackson! Thank God you're here! I don't know how I got here, but somebody must have tied me up and locked me here while I was sleeping. Hurry untie me!" Kamilla pleads urgently.

Jackson's lip curls into a cruel sneer, "I'm afraid I can't do that, sweetie."

Kamilla's face goes white, "W-what do you mean?"

"I'm not going to undo all my hard work, you are unnaturally heavy for a skinny eighteen-year-old."

Kamilla's voice becomes feverishly high pitched and she trembles, "Is this some sort of sick game? Why are you doing this?"

The dark haired man scoffs, "You've been sold to the highest bidder."

Kamilla freezes, "S-sold? But why? I thought you loved me? You said you wanted to marry me-"

"Oh shut up already. You never did learn to shut your stupid little mouth." Jackson swiftly takes a roll of ductape from his pocket and yanks off a fat piece. "It's simple really, I only convinced you to run away from home and move in with me yesterday, so that it would be easier to kidnap you. I never loved you, I just pretended to. You were such an easy target, so isolated and desperate for companionship."

"NO! Please, please Jackson I love you, please don't do this to me! Please just wait-" 

Jackson interrupts Kamilla's fervent pleading by placing the ductape firmly over her mouth. Kamilla's violet eyes turn wild and feral as she struggles against him, her short fingernails clawing against her ropes.

Jackson leans back, his expression hard, "You always were a feisty little thing." Kamilla trembles in horror as she struggles against the ropes. "But don't worry they'll beat the fight out of you."   

In one fluid motion Jackson picks up Kamilla and slings her over his shoulder and carries her towards a colonial two-story house with a white picket fence. He marches her up to the door and slips a keyring out of his pocket and unlocks the three locks on the door. Kamilla thrashes wildly, but she barely manages to slow him down. Once they're inside, Jackson locks the door behind him and violently throws Kamilla to the floor. A large muscular, bald man appears from the other room and looks Kamilla up and down with a predatory gaze.

"Welcome to Hell, girl." He sneers with a malicious smile, "From here on out you are nameless, you belong to me and only me. They call me The Boss; I'm your master now and you will do exactly as I say, or you'll suffer endlessly."

Kamilla flails on the ground fighting against her restraints but the man stops her by brutally kicking her in the ribs. Kamilla curls into herself trying in vain to deflect the blows, until the final kick results in a loud crack as one of her ribs snaps in two. She shudders against the pain as fresh tears fill her eyes.