Chapter 1: A Village Long Forgotten

"Mommy! Daddy! Where are you?!" My voice was hoarse and raw from my screaming over the wind. The flames of  destruction sucked into my lungs, creating a permanent engraving on my body. It didn't matter which way I looked, everywhere I looked there was blood and death. Tears froze to my cheeks as I looked for any sign of my parents. The snow crunched under my bare feet, I couldn't feel the pain anymore from the icy burns. I made my way to our house, hoping that somehow they had survived the attack.

The house was in ruins, outside I saw the remains of my brother, Haku.

"Haku..." I blubbered out and collapsed next to his side. I reached for his hand, he had always been better at everything but he was always there for me when I needed him. His hand was cold, no warmth filled me like it used to. He was gone...

I looked up at the house but no one emerged. I knew then that they were all gone, not one person in my village had survived.

~

I opened my eyes slowly. The dreams were always the same, the end of my childhood. I never cried anymore about it, what happened all those years ago, crying wasn't going to bring anyone back.

How did you sleep, Mia?

Apollo padded over to me and sat down beside me.

"The same as always." He turned his head towards me, his blue eyes digging into mine to see what was truly inside. "You know you don't have to do that, I'll tell you anything you want to know." I muttered and looked down at the ground. It was strange to see leaves and not snow, it had been six months since I had left my familiar territory.

Apollo, leave her alone. She's still not used to being away from the village.

Artemis barked from her place at my feet.

"Its okay, Artemis. I know why he's worried. But I'll be okay." I pushed myself to my feet. "We should probably get going, we've spent a long time here." I pushed away from the tree I was using as my bed when I sensed someone nearby. "You can come out now." I stated louder. I heard a chuckle as the bushes nearby rustled.

"So you can sense me, you've grown a lot stronger since the last time we met, Mia." I sighed as his annoying voice sounded.

"Its been a while since we last met. I appreciate everything you did to help me after my village was destroyed." He stepped over, his whole appearance before me. Might Guy, a Jonin from the Village Hidden in the Leaves.

"Don't sweat it, but what are you doing here?" He asked surprised to see me standing before him.

"I couldn't hide forever, now could I? I had to find a place I could call home. But..." I muttered and looked down.

"But what?"

"I haven't found one yet." Another chuckle. "What's so funny?" I demanded, glaring at him.

"Why don't you come with me and I'm sure we can find you a place in our village." I was surprised now.

"Why would you do that?"

"Mia, after what happened to your village...I'm sure you're not quick to trust people and I want to help you understand that not everyone is bad." I sighed.

"I'm not some stupid kid anymore, I know that better than anyone." Apollo and Artemis came to my side and I rested a hand on both of their backs.

"I see you've grown into quite the ninja, even have the headband of the Village Hidden in the Snow. You wear it well." I gave a small smile.

Mixing of Snow and SandOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara