Chapter 23: Body Guard

After two more days of resting in the village we were finally allowed to head back. Kakashi saw us off, I waved back at him.

"Travel safe." He smiled as we left. Gaara had been very protective of me since the seal had been fixed. I had gotten a good night's rest and it was pretty early, but we were ready to head home.

"Mia, just let us know if you need to rest." Temari muttered.

"I'm fine, Temari. Lady Tsunade's healing abilities are the best. I don't feel anything at all." I touched my chest.

"You don't have to put on a brave face." Kankuro stated.

"I'm not, really." I smiled at him.

"..." Gaara's silent sigh made me stop. They all looked back at me.

"Look, I know what I said when the seal was changing...I know I worried all of you a lot. But I'm okay, I've lived with Shei practically my whole life. I know its worrying to know that it was by Orochimaru's hand, but Lady Tsunade was able to cut the connection, which means...I'm free from him." I stated, putting my hands on my hips.

"Mia..." Kankuro and Temari muttered.

"I...I've been blessed with amazing friends, who respect and care about me. That was all I ever wanted as a child. And to be honest..." I looked at Gaara, feeling a blush creeping into my cheeks. "I never thought I'd find someone as caring as you, Gaara." His cheeks turned a little red, but he just came over grabbing my hand.

"Just let us know if you need a rest, we're more than happy to stop." He muttered, pulling me along. I chuckled with Temari and Kankuro.

~

After a few hours of walking, I started feeling a little dizzy. Lady Tsunade had told us that I would experience some dizziness when it came to long trips for the next week or so." I started to slow down, causing Gaara's arm to extend out. He turned towards me.

"What's the matter?" Temari and Kankuro looked at me.

"Its nothing. Just a little dizzy that's all." I smiled at him.

"Lady Tsunade did say that that would happen with long trips. We should rest here for a little while." Temari stated, setting her fan down next to a tree.

"Please, don't stop because of me. I can keep going-" Gaara pulled me down to the ground as he sat down.

"Just shut up and rest." I sighed.

"I guess there's no arguing with you." I leaned against his body, closing my eyes to rest a little. The breeze felt nice and the sounds of nature were enough to make me want to take a long nap. But it didn't last long as my ears picked up on the sound of numerous pairs of feet heading in our direction. I opened my eyes sharply and looked at Gaara.

"People are coming. They're heading directly towards us and fast." I muttered, the three of them nodded. In seconds four men appeared, clad in black, in front of us.

"Who are you people?" Temari barked.

"None of your business, which one of you is Mia Hosaka?" One of the men growled back.

"What do you want with her?" Kankuro asked.

"Again none of your business. Hand her over and we'll let you live." Gaara let go of my hand and rose.

"I suggest you leave before I make you leave." He threatened.

"So the girl behind you must be her." Another one of the men chuckled.

"What do you want with me!?" I yelled.

"Your brother, Haku..." I froze.

"Haku...what about him?"