Chapter 36: Argument

By the time we got back to the village I had gone unconscious three more times. When I woke up again I saw I was in the hospital. No one was there and I wondered what happened when we got back. I sat up slowly and rubbed my head. 

Shei?

You're awake, that's good.

What happened?

Gaara and the others brought you here. They worked on trying to get the sedative out of your system, but its more complex than we originally thought.

Meaning?

Its not going to be so easy to get it out of your system. 

So I'm stuck like this until the sedative can be removed...

I'm sorry.

Don't be, I made my mistakes. 

Gaara and the others are sending word to Lady Tsunade, maybe she will know a way to remove it.

Right...

Its going to be alright.

I know. Thank you Shei.

I shoved the blanket away from me. I saw there were several IVs in my arm. I carefully removed them and shut off the heart rate monitor before it could start flatlining. I walked out the door and several nurses immediately tried coaxing me back to my room. 

"I'm fine, if there's nothing that can be done about it I want to be able to aid Lord Kazekage." I spat.

"What did I tell you about calling me that?" I turned sharply to see Gaara standing there with Temari. 

"Where's Kankuro?"

"He went back to Leaf Village with several of our Shinobi."

"Forgive me for being a burden." I muttered. Okami jumped into my arms. 

I'm glad you're alright! 

I smiled lightly at him. 

"You aren't a burden, Mia. You were protecting us." I shook my head. 

"And here I am being a hinderance...stupid sedative." I felt the wave of nausea coming. Okami jumped out of my arms when he noticed the paleness in my face. 

Are you alright? He asked. 

"I'll be fine, just some nausea...it will pass soon." 

"Lord Kazekage, she really should stay here and rest. It will also give us more time to research the sedative." One of the doctors walked over. 

"I'm not going to just sit here." I spoke firmly. 

"I understand your apprehension, Mia. But this is for your own benefit." The doctor argued. 

"I know you're trying to do your job, but I can't just sit here and do nothing. Its not in my nature."  

"You are your mother's daughter." He chuckled. 

"I know." I winked. 

"Wait a minute...!" The doctor started. "The village in the snow had a special type of medical ninjutsu, it was the only one of its kind." I frowned. 

"But those medical records were destroyed in the fires..."

"You studied that medical ninjutsu right?" Temari asked. 

"What do you mean?"

"During the chunin exams, you said your village was known for its healing abilities. You said you had healing abilities. You must have studied it at some point." I frowned more.