Chapter 30: Shei's True Form

Shei, if we're going to work together...I need to know everything about you. You know everything about me. Is that fair? My voice floated in the cage room inside my chakra. It was always strange when I ended up here but this time it didn't feel as menacing.

I understand, but I will tell you that there are some things about me you'd be better off not knowing. His piercing blue eyes looked down at me.

Even so. Trust is earned. I demanded.

Seeing as your body still needs time to recover I think now would be the best time. He looked away from me as if lost in thought. Mia, are you sure you want to know everything? I've done some terrible things in the past. Killed people. Do you want to bare that burden as well?

There are people who have killed other people. But...just like people, you deserve a second chance at redemption. I smiled at him. I could see his eyes widen slightly, but his mouth turned into a toothy grin.

I was wrong about you. You're a respectable person.

Shei...He sighed before sitting down.

Ten years ago, right before your village was attacked...Orochimaru came in search for my help. Back then, I would have killed him on the spot for daring to utter such words to me. He offered me a chance at freedom. Your villages' Shinobi had sealed me away in the mountains. He freed me, by sealing me inside of you. He told me that if you didn't survive the curse mark transformation then I would have been free regardless. Eventually, after three days of struggling to keep us both alive I realized he lied to me. He wanted you and only you. He used me to make sure you would survive.

Why did he want me to survive? I pondered.

The Osore. No one has seen it for generations, the last time I saw someone have it was a hundred years ago. Orochimaru wanted you so that when the day came where you died he could steal the Osore for himself. However, he wants you alive now so you can use that power to stop all who oppose him. The Osore is probably one of the most powerful virtual Jutsus that exists. Being able to make those you fight back down with a single glance, it's unheard of. Even some of the Jonin from this village have never heard of it.

It would explain why when Itachi came for me they didn't know.

Exactly. However, there's something Orochimaru doesn't know. I looked at him as his grin spread wider. We're able to work together using our chakra thanks to Lady Tsunade. The connection between you and him may not have been completely broken, but you have the power to break it yourself.

I do?!

Yes, once we train using our chakra together we can sever the connection with the help of Neji.

Of course, because Neji can see chakra. If Orochimaru's chakra is connected to me through the curse mark, then that means Neji would be able to see it and help us get rid of it. Shei chuckled.

You've always been clever for your age. It's a good thing to have in our corner.

How long do you think it's going to take me to heal?

Maybe a day or so. You may be able to fight against the Sharingan, but that doesn't mean you're immune to it's effects.

Thank you, Shei.

You don't need to thank me, I've harassed and frightened you for years. I don't deserve your kindness. I chuckled this time.

You're just like Shukaku, in order to protect yourself, you created a shell of hatred around you. It's okay. I consider you my friend as well. We may not have started off on the right foot, but that doesn't mean we can't change that and work together. I reached a hand out and he leaned his head towards me. I touched his fur, it felt soft but rough to the touch.