Chapter 50: Chatting

The next several days consisted of me and Shikamaru walking around, me watching him train with Choji and Ino, and having some in depth conversations over a game of cards. Eventually, I felt my chakra reserves reaching completion. 

"Hey Mia, we received word that Kakashi and his squad are on their way back to the village." Shikamaru stated as we went out for our late morning walk. 

"Huh? Well at least I'll get to say goodbye to my dad before I leave."

"Leave?" He looked at me confused. 

"Yeah, my chakra has just about returned and I think I have enough to get me to the Sand Village without any issues." He frowned. 

"And I was just getting used to having you around again." He chuckled. 

"Yeah, I will miss our fun chats and games, but I do want to see Gaara and the others again." 

"I can imagine." We made our way towards the center of the village just in time to see my dad, Naruto and Sakura returning. 

"Hey guys." I smiled. 

"Mia, you haven't left yet?" Sakura was a little surprised. 

"I had to wait for my chakra to come back, I couldn't travel by foot with the Akatsuki around. So I figured I'd stick around until I had enough to transport myself back to the Sand Village." Kakashi seemed to understand what I meant by this statement. 

"Which means you've come to say goodbye?" He muttered. 

"Don't be that way, dad. I know you're worried but so are Gaara, Temari, Kankuro and Okami. I have to show them that I'm alright too. And I have a feeling we'll be seeing each other again soon anyways." He gave a small nod. 

"I do have a favor to ask though before I go."

"What is it?" Naruto asked now. I pulled out the book Tsunade had given to me. 

"Could you return this to Lady Hokage? Tell her I learned what I needed to from it." Sakura took the book and immediately recognized what it was. 

"She let you look at this?"

"Yes, after the truth came out it was easier to ask more about previous users so I asked if I could borrow the book before I left. I wanted to see if I could get any answers to my questions and I did." 

"Questions?" My dad pressed. 

"They'll be time for that and I still don't have all the answers I was looking for, so when I get back to the village I plan to go and look at the records they have to see if there is anything on the Hosaka bloodline too." He sighed. 

"There are-"

"Some things I'm better off not knowing? I've heard that statement enough to last me a lifetime." I finished, rolling my eyes. 

"You turn more into your mother every day." He sighed. 

"I'll take that as a compliment." I smirked. "Anyways I should going or I'm going to get an earful from Gaara. I already know I'm in for a huge lecture when I get back anyways. One is more than enough." My dad came and gave me a tight hug. 

"Just be careful alright?" 

"I will. I made it this far haven't I?' I chuckled. 

"Yeah, yeah..." He backed away as I gave them a small wave. 

"You might want to step back." I stated, making the hand signs. "Ice Transportation Jutsu." The blizzard surrounded me and in a few seconds I was standing at the edge of the Sand Village. The strain was enough to make me want to collapse on the spot, but I had to see Gaara. That was the only thing that kept me going. I made my way towards the Kazekage's office, I could tell people were surprised to see me since the kidnapping.