Chapter 12: Change of Scenery

It took several days for me to regain all of my chakra back and from there I had several more weeks of recovery ahead of me before I would be able to fight at my full strength. Once my chakra had returned I demanded to be released from their medical unit. I was sick of laying in bed and remembering Apollo and Artemis. I just wanted a change of scenery.

Gaara had said he would come meet me after I was released, but I didn't wait. Just walked around the village, taking in the sights. I saw children running around, playing ball. Men and women out shopping and getting food for their families. I frowned. I was so out of place here. I was also sweating with my robes on, so I stopped inside one of the clothing shops.

"How can I help you?" The woman behind the counter ask with a smile on her face.

"I need something more for this weather...I'm not exactly from around here." I muttered. She chuckled.

"I can tell, you're the girl that the Sand Siblings brought in right?" I nodded. "I have something I think you'll like." She disappeared behind a curtain and when she came back she was holding a white outfit with purple arm cuffs. "I'll even throw this fan in for free." She smiled.

"Alright, I'll take it." I smiled and handed her the money. She led me over to a changing room and I quickly changed into the new outfit. It fit me perfectly, but it also showed part of the seal on my chest. I touched it, looking in the mirror. I sighed as I lowered my hand and walked out of the room. The lady smiled and nodded in approval.

"Its perfect for you." I used the fan to cover the seal and gave her a small nod. My old robes in the bag she had given me. "Have a good day!" She called out as I walked out of the shop. I continued walking around, looking at the cuisine and other things.

"I thought I told you I would meet you at the medical unit?" I heard Gaara say as I looked at the menu of a restaurant. I looked back at him.

"I needed to get away from there, sorry." I muttered and went back to looking at the food.

"You changed your clothes?"

"I was too hot in the other ones." I blankly stated.

"Mia." He sounded more stern this time.

"What?" I asked.

"Look at me." I sighed and turned to face him.

"What?"

"You can't act like nothing is wrong. After what happened to both Apollo and Artemis, you've changed." I rolled my eyes.

"You tell me when you've lost everything that you don't change from it." I started to walk past him, but he tightly grabbed my arm.

"Mia, I know you better than anyone. What's happening to you, its what happened to me when..." He trailed off. I pulled my arm free.

"Don't think you know everything about me. I've changed a lot since we were kids. Went through more things that made me wonder about myself." I didn't look at him as I walked away.

"Mia, you can't hide forever." He said, running to catch up with me. I turned on my heels and glared at him.

"I have never hidden from anyone!" I growled. Shei was coming out and I was okay with it this time. My teeth forming into canines. "If you think that, then clearly you aren't the same Gaara I knew when I was a child. That Gaara knew me." I turned and jumped away. I couldn't be around him, not now. I went in a random direction, the direction with less people. When I came to a stop I was in a graveyard. I frowned as I wandered through the tombstones. I stopped when I came to a familiar name:

Sayaka Hosaka

"Hi mom..." I bent down in front of her stone. I knew she wasn't there, all the bodies of Shinobi were destroyed at death so their secrets couldn't be taken. Her stone also held the name of her late father the Third Kazekage. "Gaara never knew, even though she shared the same last name as the Kazekage..."