Chapter 44: Bide our Time

I couldn't do anything but stare ahead as we continued onward, further away from my friends, family and Gaara. The scenery went from forest to rocky terrain. We went into a dark cave, I could hear others talking. 

"Itachi, Sasori." Another male voice came from the darkness. 

"We've got her." Sasori stated and all conversation stopped. It was dead silent. 

"Good." The male voice echoed once more, then we walked into a touch lit room. Several other people all wearing the same garbs as Itachi were standing there. Kisame and Dedaira were the only ones I recognized among the group. 

"This is the one who possesses the Osore?" The only female of the group muttered. 

"Yes." 

"She looks pale." The girl walked over, placing a hand on my forehead. "She's running a fever. She needs to rest." I finally found my voice. 

"What's going on? Why do you need the Osore?" No one spoke at first. 

"There will be time for us ti explain. You need to rest or you'll get worse." The girl muttered. Itachi took me to a room nearby. He placed me on a surprisingly soft bed. 

"Rest." It was a command. He left, but not before revealing the chakra sealing walls. The door shut and locked. I forced myself to sit up as my head spun. 

"What the hell is going on?" I muttered, looking around. There was nothing in the room other than a matching set of garbs as the rest of them. 

Did they want me to join them?

~

Gaara's POV

Temari, Kankuro and Okami relied what happened with Shikamaru. 

"So they hadn't harmed her?" I asked. 

"No." I looked down. My fear of her wellbeing getting the better of me. 

"What do you want to do Gaara?" Kankuro asked. 

"I...don't know. We have no idea where they went." I muttered. 

"Could you use your connection with Shei?" Shikamaru asked. 

"I could try." I stated, shutting my eyes and putting my hands together. I focused on our connection, it was hazy. She was far away.

"Mia?" My mind called out.

"Ga...ara...are..y..ou..." The connection cut. She didn't have the strength or chakra to sustain the connection. I opened my eyes and shook my head. 

"She is too far, plus she doesn't have the chakra to keep the connection. They're draining or sealing her chakra."

"Did you hear her?" Temari asked. 

"A little, which means she's okay for now." That was enough to make me relax a little. "Lady Tsunade, what research did you do on the Osore?" I asked. 

"It was more on previous users, but it seems the other users didn't have complete control over it. Mia seems to be one of the first to have perfected the ability." She explained. 

"So what does that mean?" Temari asked. 

"It means she's one of the most powerful Jinchurikis." I stated. "They want her as a weapon. No one other than a Sharingan user can resist the Osore." 

"So we're fucked?" Kankuro muttered. 

"only if she joins them."The realization hit me. They had never wanted her to kill her, they wanted her as a member. 

~

Mia's POV

Gaara had tried to contact me, but I was too weak to keep the connection going. My fever was getting worse. Sweat poured down my forehead, forcing me to lay back against the wall, panting as my head continued to spin. I wanted to find a way out, wanting to do something about the situation I was in, but my eyes simply shut.

~

The next time I woke up, I saw water and some food on the bedside table. No one was there though. A wet rag had been placed on my forehead as well. My body ached, but I didn't feel as bad as before. I looked at the robes on the chair. 

They're after Gaara, I could never ally myself with these people. Plus they caused me to kill Haku and they murdered my whole family.

"Mia?" The female voice came from the doorway. She was standing there, her eyes looking from the table to me. "You should eat." I pushed myself into a sitting position. 

"Why me? Why do you need the Osore so badly?" I demanded, my voice growing stronger with each word. She sighed. 

"You're very impatient."

"You had me kidnapped, you are trying to kill my boyfriend, I have every right to be impatient." She walked in and shut the door behind her. 

"The Osore is one of the-" I cut her off. 

"I know about the Osore. Why do you need it?"

"We need it to bring peace." 

"Bullshit. You've murdered so many people. How dare you claim to want peace." I spat. She said nothing. "If you think I'm going to help you kill the person I love. You might as well kill me now. Cause I won't." She simply left. I didn't drink of eat what was there. I wasn't going to harm anyone else I loved, I vowed that when I killed Haku.

~

*a day later*

The woman never came back, instead the man with orange hair came several times. He was trying to get me to eat, to do something other than starve myself to death. 

"Its like I told the girl. I'm not helping you." Eventually he left me alone. My head pounded from the lack of food and water. I tried to use some of my chakra reserves to contact Gaara again.

Gaara? My mind channel whispered, but it didn't work. I was frustrated, but leaned back. Shei? I muttered. Shei stood there, with his dim eyes. 

We really are in a mess. He stated. 

There has to be something we can do? He sighed. 

It doesn't look like it. Our chakra is sealed. I can't connect you with Shukaku which means we're on our own.

And I can't use anything. I sighed. Now what...?

We bide our time and wait for an opening.

But  I'll be dead by then. Should I play along?

I'm not sure. We still don't know what they want with the Osore.

Then I guess I better keep my strength up. Our mind channel faded and I grabbed the plate of food. As much as it sickened me to be playing in their hands, I had to be strong for when my chance came.