Chapter 46: Truth of the Osore

Konan and I walked away from the village, our hats covering our faces.

"You've made the right choice." She stated softly.

"Maybe..." I whispered. We didn't speak anymore, just headed away from everything I knew.

"Hey!!" I heard the loud, annoying yell of Naruto.

"Fuck..." I muttered under my breath. We stopped as they landed behind us. "You're members of the Akatsuki, give Mia back!' I sighed.

"You never learn, do you?" I stated blankly.

"Wait...that voice." Shikamaru's voice followed. I turned towards them to see Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru and my father.

"Mia?" Sakura questioned. I removed the hat. "Why?"

"This is the most profitable way to achieve my goals." I lied.

"What did they do to you?" Naruto asked when he noticed the sling and bruises I had received from Pain.

"They showed me how blind I was."

"Mia, they have you under their control!" Naruto continued.

"No. I joined of my own free will." They all looked at me stunned.

"Why would you join them?! They murdered your family, your village and forced you to kill your brother!" Sakura yelled as I frowned.

"You could never hope to understand. You who has never known loss."

"What about Gaara?!" Shikamaru yelled now.

"It is unfortunate that I will have to take the life of the person I love the most in this world." They all stood there with their mouths hanging open.

"You plan to kill Gaara?" Naruto muttered. I knew he was good friends with Gaara now.

"Yes."

"HOW DARE YOU!" He went to charge toward us. My Osore appeared, causing them all to freeze.

"You will understand my choices one day. Let's go Konan." They all collapsed to the ground. We jumped away before their reinforcements arrived.

"You didn't hesitate." Konan stated.

"I know what I must do."

"Pain will be pleased." I said nothing as we headed back towards the hideout.

~

*Two Days Later*

Upon arriving, everyone gathered and looked between the two of us.

"Everything went smoothly." Konan said to Pain.

"Good. You did well, Mia."

"I don't need your praise. I did what I had to."

"Even still." My arm was almost completely healed now.

"Take her back to her room." Konan muttered. Itachi led me back to my prison cell, but to my surprise the sealing papers were gone.

"Don't make us regret letting you have your chakra." he stated leaving. He didn't even lock the door. After only a few days they trust me enough to keep my chakra? No, this had to be a trap. They wanted me to try to escape. I had to keep playing along. There was one thing I was sure of though:

I wasn't killing Gaara.

Gaara's POV

Why the hell would Shei allow her to play their game?