Chapter 20: Her Answer

I wandered around the village for a little while. Thinking over what Kakashi had said to me. Eventually I wandered over to the training grounds and saw Lee, Neji and Tenten standing there. I could also see Temari, Kankuro and Gaara sitting in the shade, smiling at something.

I had heard when I was in the hospital that Lady Tsunade had been able to heal Lee so he could be a Shinobi again.

"Mia!" Tenten rushed over to me with a huge smile on her face. "We heard from Guy that you're all better."

"Um yeah, still a little sore but other than that I'm doing great." I smiled back. Neji and Lee came over.

"I'm surprised you're still alive after being taken by Itachi." Neji stated.

"Neji!" Tenten yelled.

"It's alright, Tenten. Neji's just mad he lost to Naruto." I chuckled, this made him mad as he squared up to me.

"Do you have a problem?" He demanded.

"I have a problem, but it isn't with you." I rolled my eyes and walked past him. Gaara was looking at me from his place under the trees.

"We've been looking for you, Mia. The maid said that Kakashi and you had left early this morning." Temari said as I sat down with them.

"Yeah, he had to tell me some things." I explained.

"I see, well I have somewhere I have to be so I'll catch you guys later." She got up abruptly, walking by.

"Off to meet, Shikamaru?" I mocked. I heard her fan hit the ground.

"What was that, Mia?" I looked at her and chuckled.

"Oh nothing, have fun." I waved back at her and she stormed off.

"What was that about?" Kankuro wondered.

"Oh don't worry about it." I giggled. Gaara had a look in his eyes that said he wanted Kankuro to go away. "Hey Kankuro, I completely forgot. But Okami needs to go for a walk. Could you take him? I really need to get something to eat, Kakashi was helping me with some training today." I smiled. Okami has been staying with Gaara and them in their hotel. I hadn't even realized Gaara had brought him until after I woke up the second time in the hospital.

"Oh yeah, sure." He got up, getting the picture.

"Thanks!" We watched him walk away and once he was out of view I looked back at Gaara.

"So?" He asked after a minute of silence.

"I've given some thought to what you asked me." I heard him gulp.

"And?"

"I'll try." I smiled at him. I could see the relief come across his face and then a bright smile.

"Thank you..." He muttered, grabbing my hand.

"I should be thanking you. I realized that if I hadn't met you...and my village had been destroyed, I would have become dark and twisted. My brother wasn't wrong when he said I felt hatred and loneliness in my village. I hid how I felt towards my mother because I didn't want her to worry. Maybe if I had been honest with her, she wouldn't have felt so bad for me when she was with me." Gaara's hand tightened around mine.

"I know how you feel."

"I know, that's why I'm grateful to have met you. Because someone saw me and understood." I smiled.

"What training were you doing with, Kakashi?" I frowned.

"You're not going to like it."

"Why?"