Chapter 42: Emergency Surgery & Jonin Level

Kakashi's POV

The next morning we took off again for the village, Mia still hadn't woken up but her heart beat was strong and she was still breathing normally which was a good sign. Sakura was still a little weak from the transfusion so Naruto was helping her as we went. The two of them had really grown since Sasuke disappeared from the village. Mia had grown as well, she was strong, to be able to match the enemies movements with her own, while having such a serious injury. She really did inherit Sayaka's instincts.

"Kakashi-sensai, we should be crossing the border soon!" Naruto called back to me.

"Just keep moving, we need to get Sakura and Mia back to village!" I called up to him.

"D...dad..." I heard her weak voice speak up to me. I looked down at her face and saw it was pale.

"How are you feeling?" I muttered.

"Tired...how is...Sakura...?" She also inherited her kindness.

"She's a little weak, but she's okay."

"g...ga...ara..." Her voice faded away as she fell back unconscious. The lack of blood was most likely causing it. I had sent a report last night but I knew that Lord Kazekage was going to be worried.

I promise Gaara, I will get her back safe.

~

*Day Later*

The village was coming into view and we hadn't seen Itachi or Kisame since. I was worried that they were waiting for the right chance to strike, but that would have been when Mia was having her transfusion...so what were they waiting for?

"You're back." Shikamaru and his squad appeared alongside us.

"Yeah, Ino could you let Lady Tsunade know?" She gave a firm nod and took Sakura from Naruto going on ahead.

"How is Mia?" Shikamaru asked when he noticed the paleness of her skin.

"She's not doing great, we need to get her to the hospital."

~

Gaara's POV

Okami, Temari and I hadn't been able to sleep or do anything until Okami perked up and started barking at the door. Kankuro yawning came out of the room to see Kakashi standing at the door with Naruto.

"Where is she?" I asked immediately.

"She's at the hospital, Grandma Tsunade is assessing her injuries now. She wanted us to stop by to tell you that she will be okay in her care." It still didn't make me feel better.

"I want to go and see her."

"Lord Kazekage, trust me when I say you don't want to see the condition she is in." Kakashi muttered. This made me want to go and see her more.

"You're not deterring me. I want to see her now." I pushed past the two of them and made my way to the hospital.

"I figured Kakashi and Naruto weren't going to be able to stop you." I turned sharply and saw Lady Tsunade standing there, or more specifically one of her clones.

"Then why did you bother sending them?"

"Because I knew you would tear the whole village apart until you found her. Please just let Kakashi and I do our job to help her." So Kakashi had sent a clone as well.

"I need to be with her. If she's as bad a condition as you say then I want to be with her if she..." I trailed off and Tsunade seemed to understand.