Chapter 10: Forced Out

A week after the funeral for the Third Hokage the villagers starting putting everything back together. It would take some time but it would survive. I was only allowed to help once my arm had completely healed and I wasn't allowed to do any big lifting with my chest. It took me three more weeks to have my arm completely better.

"Mia, how are you feeling?" Sakura asked as I walked past her in the village.

"Much better, how is Naruto doing."

"He's doing well, the same old Naruto." I chuckled.

"Well take care, I'm going to go and see if Kakashi wants me to help out anywhere." I waved back at her and continued on my way. Kakashi had left me a note in my hospital room to come to the ramen place by the entrance of the village. He was standing there with a book in his hand as I approached.  "Kakashi." I said as he looked up.

"Mia, how are you feeling?"

"Arms a little stiff but I'll live. So, why did you call me here?" He shut his book and I looked inside the place noticing two people dressed in black with red clouds. He motioned inside the place and I knew he had to mean those two. They didn't fit the Leaf Village image.

"I figured you'd want a good meal after being in the hospital for so long." He smiled, but I knew it was all for show.

"Sounds yummy, I could go for some good ramen." I continued the show. We both were well aware that they could hear us and I knew they probably didn't buy it for one second.

"Kakashi, Mia good to see you two." We turned and saw Asuma and Kurenai.

"Interesting to see you two together." Kakashi joked. But they both noticed them as well.

"Well, I would love to stay and chat but I have some training to get in." I waved back at them as I started to walk away.

"Do you think that's wise?" Kurenai stated.

"You don't have to worry about me, I can take care of myself." Apollo and Artemis joined me at my sides as we headed away from the restaurant. I clenched my fists.

What's the matter?

"I know who one of those men are..." The icy tone, made them both look at me. "He murdered my family." I sensed them leave the restaurant and quickly followed. Asuma and Kurenai were already there confronting them when I appeared.

"Its been a long time, Itachi." I growled as he looked at me. The nothingness in his eyes infuriated me.

"Mia, it has been. Seeing you here, proves you are stronger." I clenched my fists again.

"You murdered my family. Why?"

"I was following my orders. Nothing more."

"My family died because of your lack of humanity!" My eyes switched to the Osore.

"The Osore, so you've managed to master it. Impressive."

"Osore?" Kurenai questioned as Asuma looked at me as well.

"A trait that isn't blood bonding. Once in several generations the gene is passed over, it doesn't matter where the person is from. However, for some unknown reason it is more common in the Village Hidden in the Snow. The Osore allows for the user to see what their opponent fears the most and use that against them. It is the only thing that can rival the Sharingan." Itachi explained.

"Really? An ability like that exists..." Kurenai muttered.

"I'm the living proof that it exists." I stated and took a step towards Itachi. However, that was short lived as Kakashi appeared in front of me.

"Mia, you need to leave. They're here for you and Sasuke." I looked at him surprised.

"You're wrong about Sasuke, we don't care about him. We do care about Mia." Itachi continued.

"Go find Gaara. I've sent word already to them that you're coming." I gulped as he shoved me back. "Go."

"Fine, but you better not die." I turned to leave and froze as the man that was with Itachi appeared. His sword above me.

"Mia!" Asuma called out but it was too late. The sword went down towards me, I shut my eyes waiting for the end but when nothing happened I opened my eyes again. Apollo was biting down on his arm, the blade buried deep in his back.

"Apollo!" I cried out.

Mi..a..you have...to...go...

"Apollo...I..." 

Go you stupid girl! Or what I'm doing will be for nothing...I was lucky to have known you, Mia. Take care of her Artemis, it's up to you now.

I turned on my heels and vanished with Artemis. I could feel the tears as they rolled down my cheeks, but I kept running.

He loved you, even if he was strict with your training...

"I know, Artemis..."

Apollo, I'm so sorry...I was careless...