Chapter 15: Kisame and Itachi

I stared down Itachi and his companion as they jumped down in front of us. Kankuro, Temari and Gaara stepped in front of me.

"Stay back, Mia. We'll handle this."

"You'll die then." I spoke without thinking. They all looked at me.

"She's right, my Sharingan will kill you before you have a chance to move." I shivered as he looked me up and down. "The only person I can't kill with it, is you Mia. Your Osore counters my Sharingan. The only person to rival me."

"Shut up. We're nothing alike. You're a murderer, you killed your own people and mine." I growled, stepping towards him. Gaara put his arm out to stop me.

"We told you to stay back." He glared at me.

"And I told you, you'd die." I argued back.

"if that's what it takes to keep you safe, I'm ready to take that risk." Kankuro and Temari looked at Gaara as shocked as I did.

"Gaara...you idiot!" I punched him directly in the stomach. "I'm sorry." I whispered as he collapsed to the ground.

"Mia!" Temari yelled.

"Stand down, I won't let you three die for me." I stated, looking directly at them as well.

"Mia, why would you go with them willingly?" Kankuro demanded.

"Because it's the best outcome. If I don't go with them and you fight, you'll die. I'll be taken either way. At least this way I can spare your lives." I took a step towards Itachi. "If I go with you, will they live?" He nodded.

"Kisame, take her out of the village. Once you're gone, I'll follow." The shark man walked over to me and grabbed my arm tightly.

"Unless you want to be made into sushi, you'll let me walk of my own free will." I growled and he released my arm with a chuckle.

"She's a feisty one. I like that."

"Bite me, fish breath." I rolled my eyes and started walking away from Temari and Kankuro.

"Mia!" Temari yelled out.

"Don't. If you all died, I would never be able to forgive myself. I lost my village and family already, I can't lose my friends too." I didn't look back at them, just kept walking. I looked at Okami as he walked over.

"Oh look, looks like breakfast came early." Kisame started to draw his sword. I jumped in front of Okami and grabbed the sword with my hands.

"If you lay a hand on him, I'll kill you." I growled, my Osore coming out once more. The second he looked in my eyes the sword dropped to the ground.

"Kisame!" Itachi called out as he dropped to the ground.

"Okami, go to Gaara." The pup looked at me with a sad glance but bounced over to Gaara's body. My hand was bleeding from the impact of the sword, but I wasn't going to back down so easily to the person who killed Apollo. "Osore has a second ability as well. Something you weren't even aware of Itachi. The ability to render individuals unconscious with a single glance. Unfortunately I can't use it against you."

"A small issue." He walked over to Kisame and woke him up with his Sharingan. "Now let's go." This time he grabbed me and jumped away with Kisame.

"I can walk myself!" I yelled as we continued to run away from the village. Itachi ignored me. "Hey, don't ignore me-!" I gasped as he hit me upside the head.

"I've had enough of your talking." Was the last thing I heard before I slipped away.

~

Gaara's POV

I hadn't expected her to punch me, but when I came to I saw Okami, Temari and Kankuro standing over me.

"Temari, Kankuro..." I muttered. They both looked down with grim looks on their faces. "They took her, didn't they?" They looked away from me.

"She went willingly to spare our lives." I threw the blanket that I'm sure Temari had put on me off.

"Did you find any trace of her?" They shook their heads.

"We sent scouts out all over around the village. There was nothing to go off of." Kankuro stated. I clenched my fists as Okami whimpered beside me.

"Okami." I said, watching the wolf look up at me. "We're going to find her. I promise."

"Gaara..." Temari muttered.

Please you have to help her!

Okami spoke for the first time.

She's scared, I can tell. She knocked you out because she loves you, she wants to keep you safe and she knew you wouldn't listen to her.

This made me freeze to the spot.

"She...loves...me...?"

She loves all of you, Temari is like a sister to her. Kankuro though he may be annoying at times has helped to protect her. Gaara, you gave her someone to turn to when she had nothing. Please you all have to save her!

"Okami, we'll save her." I smiled at him.

Thank you, Gaara!

~

Mia's POV

I woke up to the sound of a fire getting started. My vision adjusted quickly to the nighttime. I saw Itachi and Kisame sitting by the fire, roasting something, but I couldn't tell what. I went to move but my body refused to budge.

Why can't I move!?

"There's a paralysis jutsu coursing through your body." Itachi looked over at me."We wouldn't want you trying to get away." I glared at him.

"You really think I would try to get away? When you knocked me unconscious I sensed my chakra being drained. Kisame used his sword to make sure I wouldn't have enough chakra to try anything when I woke back up."

"She's quick to catch on to things, just like you." Kisame smirked.

"There's something I want to know though." They both looked at me. "What do you need me for?"

"Should we tell her, Itachi? I mean she is a big part of our plans." Kisame chuckled.

"No, not yet. We have to deliver her safely and without resistance if she knows the truth and escapes then..." He trailed off as I looked in his eyes. I watched them finish eating and then Itachi came and grabbed me once more.

"Tell me something...Itachi..." He looked down at me. "Why my village?"

"It was orchestrated by the Village Hidden in the Sand." I felt my heart skip a beat.

"What?! Why?! That was my mother's home!" I screamed.

"It was when Rasa became the Kazekage. He infiltrated the village as a peace keeper. From there he learned the weaknesses of the village and told Orchimaru how to break it." My body was completely frozen, even without the paralysis.

"No...Gaara's father...but..." I trailed off as I felt the tears.

"Face it, your boyfriend's father was the sole reason for your village's destruction."