Chapter 26: Sasuke Retrieval

After a week without anything to do other than train or loaf off, we received a message from Lady Tsunade asking for us to back up Shikamaru's first mission as a Chunin.

"Well this should be interesting." I muttered as we quickly set off. Okami had grown strong enough to keep up with us and was roughly the same size as Akumaru.

"We have to be cautious though, with Orochimaru's men around. I don't like it." Temari stated.

"Orochimaru..." I muttered, feeling a chill run down my spine.

"Mia, are you going to be okay?" Kankuro asked.

"I'll be fine." I stated more confident.

"I think we all know who can take care of themselves here." Gaara chuckled.

"I mean I did beat Temari in the Chunin exams." I mocked and she glared at me.

"You want a fight you got one when we're done with this mission." I giggled as we kept going.

"Sounds fine by me Temari, just don't let Shikamaru distract you." I jumped past her as she went to hit me with her fan.

~

Two days had gone by with us constantly traveling in order to reach them in time. We had come across Neji and Choji, who were both in bad condition. I frowned as I thought about that, Choji was Shikamaru's best friend. If Shikamaru knew what the state of two of his teammates were in...I wonder if he would think of his skills as leader.

"I can sense people." Gaara said before I could.

"They're coming from three different directions. Split up?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll go help Shikamaru, Kankuro help the other guy and his dog."

"Kiba and Akumaru. If Akumaru is hurt then Kiba will do anything to protect him."

"That leaves you and Gaara to help Naruto." We all nodded and split up accordingly. I led us to an open field where there was a tall man with white hair and Lee, not Naruto.

"Lee?" I jumped down in front of him, blasting the guy back with my snow.

"Mia, Gaara? What are you two doing here?"

"Lady Tsunade asked us to come and help. Where's Naruto?" I asked.

"He went on ahead. To find Sasuke." I felt something inside of me chill at the mention of Sasuke.

"Well, well this is a surprise indeed. Mia Hosaka, the daughter of Sayaka Hosaka." I turned to look at the man.

"Who the hell are you?" I spat.

"It doesn't matter who I am, my mission is to fulfill Lord Orochimaru's desires. Sasuke is key to that."

"So if I go and kick Sasuke's butt and drag him back to the Leaf Village that puts an end to that." I smirked. I was about to go when he appeared in front of me.

He's so fast!

I jumped back as his bones tore from his body at me.

"What the hell?" I appeared at Gaara's side.

"He uses his bones as a shield and weapon."

"A good offense and an even better defense." I muttered.

"Mia, Lord Orochimaru has been waiting for you as well. He wishes to give you unimaginable power. That's why he came to you and sealed Shei properly." I shook my head.

"You sad little puppet. Orochimaru has nothing I want. Lady Tsunade made it so he no longer has control over me." I chuckled.

"Oh really? Did you know what happens when the curse marks are close to Orochimaru?" I looked at him confused.