Chapter 31: Breaking the Link

After another day of rest I head over to the Hyuga household to speak with Neji about breaking the connection with Orochimaru. I found him training with Lord Hyuga, I was always fascinated by how they fought with the gentle fist technique. The ability to kill someone with just a single touch...frightening. When they took notice of my presence they stopped. 

"Mia, I see you're up and moving around again." Neji stated coming over to me.  

"Yes, thank you for the concern. I see you have healed as well." 

"Yes. But you didn't come here to just see how I was doing, right?" I frowned and placed a hand over the seal. 

"Yes...I need the help of the Hyuga family." He looked at me surprised. 

"Is this about the seal that Orochimaru put on you?" I gave a small nod. "What could we possibly help you with regarding that?" 

"I never really told anyone about it, other than Gaara and the others. But when I was a child Orochimaru sealed a demonic wolf inside of me." Neji and Lord Hyuga looked at me stunned. 

"I see..."

"...but that wasn't the real reason that he sealed Shei inside, he sealed him inside of me so I would survive his curse mark..." 

"The curse mark...like what Sasuke has?" I nodded. 

"Because of my eyes, because of the Osore...while I was gone...Shei finally accepted me, lending me his power. When I was unconscious he told me of a way to break the link between myself and Orochimaru." 

"And that was with our help?" Lord Hyuga stated. 

"Yes, Orochimaru's tie to me is through his chakra. If you could see that chakra thread and sever it...then I might be free of his control." 

"You do realize it isn't as simple as that?" Neji muttered. 

"I am willing to take whatever risks necessary. I can't keep worrying my friends and family anymore. I need him to go away for good." 

"I see...Lord Hyuga, is it possible?" Neji asked looking at the Head of the Hyuga Clan. 

"Yes, but only through a specific technique. There's no guarantee that you won't leave here unscathed from it. Do you still intend to go through this?" I nodded firmly. 

"I have made this decision and I will see it through to the end." 

"Very well. Come." I followed them to the very back of the Hyuga household. Hinata was standing there with her sister."

"Father, Neji, Mia..." 

"Hinata, please take your sister and leave us." 

"Y-yes sir..." The two vanished quickly into another room in the house. 

"Please sit." I sat down in the middle of the room, Lord Hyuga standing behind me. Neji looked at me concerned. 

"Is this going to hurt her?" He asked. 

"I don't know. I have never tried this on a person like this before. But she has the resolve to see this through. I have to try and free her from his control." I shut my eyes. 

"Thank you, Lord Hyuga." I whispered as he placed his hands on my shoulders. 

"Neji, I am going to need your help." Lord Hyuga stated. 

"How so?"

"Where the seal is, I need you to use your gentle fist directly in the center of it when I give you the word. Can you do that?"