Chapter 10 [Edited]

"Give me one second here" I sighed looking at the boys, "You're telling me you missed the train, so you... drove - flew to school?" They nodded. I just shook my head.

"Welcome to Greenhouse Three, second years. Today, we will be re-potting Mandrakes. Now, who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake?" Professor sprout came in and stood at the front of the class, "Yes, Miss Granger." I looked beside me, and sure enough, Hermione had her hand up.

"Mandrake, or Mandragora, is used to return those who have been transfigured to their original state. It's also quite dangerous. The Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it," She said. I looked at her, impressed. She's smart, I'll give her that.

"Excellent. Ten points to Gryffindor. As our Mandrakes are only seedlings, their cries won't kill yet. However, they will knock you out for several hours. That is why I have provided each of you with a pair of earmuffs." She said. I put on the pair of dark green earmuffs and struck a pose. Hermione let out a small giggle, and I smiled. We then followed her to the tables with potted plants. She looked to make sure we all had our earmuffs on and then pulled on the plant. Instead of roots like I was expecting, it was this ugly brown baby looking thing. It started screaming, and I started feeling faint. Maybe this class wasn't the best for werewolf hearing... or Neville apparently; he fainted.

"Oh dear, seems like Mr. Longbottom neglected his earmuffs," She said. She then looked at me and saw me holding onto the table, trying to stabilize myself, "Ms. Argent, did you want to step out?" I nodded, and she put the ugly baby back in the pot. She helped me out of the greenhouse.

"I'm sorry I had completely forgotten about your condition."

"It's fine, is there something I can do to make up for this class?" I asked, finally taking off the earmuffs.

"Just write an essay on the Mandrake, anything you find relevant. Alright, dear?" She asked. I nodded and smiled. I then made my way to the library to find books on the Mandrake.

✴✴✴

"You missed Ron's howler," Harry walked into the DADA classroom.

I looked up from the book and rose an eyebrow, "Let me guess, Molly wasn't happy that you took the car?" I guessed.

He nodded, "Although, she's just blaming Ron," He said, sitting next to me.

"By the way, where is Ron?" I asked.

He looked behind him, "He and Hermione were right behind me" He trailed off. He then turned back to me, "The twins tell me you have a date with Wood."

"Who else did they tell?"

"Pretty much the whole school," He replied. I groaned, dropping my head on the table. He laughed and patted my shoulder. We talked for a few more minutes before the other students started filing in. Ron sat next to Hermione at the table next to us and then the professor walked in.

"Let me introduce you to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Me. Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League and five times winner of Witch Weekly's Most- Charming-Smile Award, but I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at her!" He said. I'm getting the impression that he's a bit of douchebag.

To further prove my theory, he gave us a quiz on himself. I scoffed as I read the questions, but then I read one question that had me scratching my head; "How did Gilderoy Lockhart defeat the Biggleswade Werewolf?" I rose my hand.

"Yes, Miss..." He trailed off, not knowing my name

"Argent, Sir. And I just have a question about the Biggleswade Werewolf."