Chapter 30

(A/N): I made a poll on my Quotev account on whether Cedric should live or not and I wrote this chapter based on the results)

Hermione's leg started shaking, "It's been over an hour, where is he?" She asked, "Where's anyone for that matter?"

"I'm sure he's fine." I said, but honestly, it sounded more like I was trying to convince myself.

"Something's wrong" Hermione said.

"What do you mean?" Remus leaned over.

She looked around, "Something doesn't feel right. Look, even Dumbledore's anxious" She gestured to the teacher's box.

I moved my eyes on every teacher. Snape just looked bored, McGonagall was biting her fingernails and Dumbledore was glancing up at Moody every few seconds. I then switched my attention to Moody who was pacing. Hermione was right, there was something wrong.

"Look there's someone!"

My head snapped to the entrance of the maze and saw Harry. I wanted to sigh in relief, but there was a limp Cedric with him, "Harry! Cedric!" I yelled. I dodged the security wizards and Moody's arm and ran to Harry. I grabbed Cedric from him. "What happened Harry?" I asked.

"It was Voldemort. The cup brought us to a graveyard. Pettigrew, Lucius Malfoy and some others were there" He said.

"What happened to Cedric?"

"Voldemort. He's back. He cast the killing curse. I tried to stop it" He cried.

"Ok, Harry, I need you to take some deep breaths. I'm going to check his vitals ok?" I asked. He nodded and started taking some deep breaths. I placed him on the ground with his head tilted up a little. I checked his airways, he wasn't breathing. I then checked his pulse. It was very faint.

"He's still alive!" I exclaimed. I then proceeding to give him CPR. 30 chest compression and then blew air into him, "Come on Ced, don't you leave us now."

"That's my son!" Amos Diggory was fighting his way to us. "Let me through! That's my boy!"

30 compressions and then blew some air into him. Nothing. His pulse was weakening.

30 compressions, "Cedric Diggory, don't you dare die." This time, when I blew some hair into him, I tried to will him to wake up. I pulled away and he gasped.

"My legs," Was all he said before he passed out again, his chest rising and falling normally.

"Cedric!" Amos finally made it to us. He dropped down next to me.

"He's alive. But there's something wrong. He needs medical attention." I said.

Amos nodded and lifted his son in his arms. He then apparated away. My guess is to St-Mungos. I then turned my attention to Harry. Moody was leading him away, so I just finally let the situation sink in and sat down.

"Daniella?" Remus walked up to me.

"What if it wasn't enough?" I muttered, looking up at him.

"You did everything you could," He said. He then lifted me up into a hug. I wrapped my arms around him and squeezed.

What felt like hours later, but was probably only minutes, McGonagall came up to us. "Ms. Argent, where is Mr. Potter?"

I slowly pulled away from Remus' hug, "Last I saw, Moody was taking him inside."

Her eyes widened and she walked away.

"Wait! What was that face?" I asked.

She sighed, you better come with me Ms. Argent" She said.