Chapter 24 [Edited]

"Ms. Argent! Mind your language!" McGonagall said. I quickly sat down.

"Bloody hell, it's Mad-Eye Moody," Ron said.

"Alastor Moody? The auror?" Hermione asked

"Half the cells in Azkaban are full thanks to him. He's supposed to be mad as a hatter though these days," Ron explained.

"He's got a couple of screws loose, that's for sure," I said. What I didn't realize was that Moody was right behind me when I said that. He hit me with the cane while muttering something about me being an annoying brat.

"My dear old friend, thanks for coming,"

"Thank you for inviting me. I assume Daniella's been on her best behaviour?" Moody asked.

"A few detentions here and there, nothing too drastic" Dumbledore replied

"You know Moody?" Ron asked.

"Why do you think he picked me up at the station last year?"

"You live with him?" Hermione asked.

"For the past 5 years," I said.

"why didn't you tell us?" Ron was almost fangirling.

"I thought you knew."

"After much deliberation, the ministry has concluded that for their own safety, no student under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forth their name for the tri-wizard tournament. This decision is final."

The uproar that followed was deafening.

"That's rubbish! You don't know what you're doing!" George exclaimed

"Silence!" Dumbledore said. The room was silent in an instant. With a flick of his wand, the box beside him melted to reveal a goblet.

"The Goblet of Fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves for the tournament merely write their name upon a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly. If chosen, there's no turning back. As from this moment, the tri-wizard tournament has begun."

"I'm putting my name in there."

"But you're..." Fred trailed off, "Oh yeah, you're older than us"

"But don't worry, if I win, I'll give you all a sickle," I teased.

"What a great friend you are," Lee said

"I know, right?"

✴✴✴

"Come in" Was heard after I knocked on the door.

I walked into Moody's office to see him unpacking his books. I looked around, it was so weird being in this office again without Remus being here, "When were you going to tell me that you were going to teach?"

"It was a last-minute decision," he said, "Dumbledore asked me to come when it was discovered that Karkaroff was coming."

"Are there any more Aurors around?"

"There should be a unit waiting for my signal in Hogsmeade," He said, "And what are you doing here? Wasn't the curfew 20 minutes ago?"

"It was?" I looked at the clock. It was 20 minutes past curfew. "Well look at that. Alright, see you tomorrow!"

"You're lucky I'm not giving you detention" I heard him mumble.

I laughed and walked out. Before I walked out of the classroom, a scent hit my nose. I could smell intense rage and bloodlust. I stopped, trying to pinpoint it. It was coming from the storage cabinet under the stairs leading up to the office. I slowly approached it, letting my nails grow sharper. Before I could lay a hand on the knob, I was stopped by Moody.