Chapter 28

"Will you accompany me to the Yule Ball?" Viktor repeated.

I grimaced, "Oh... Now's probably a good time for me to tell you I have a boyfriend"

He smiled and leaned closer, "Between us, I already have a girlfriend, but seeing as she's not here, I don't have many choices," He whispered, "You're one of the only ones who doesn't fall at my feet"

I looked at him, contemplating before sighing, "I don't mind, but you're sending your girlfriend an owl explaining this, and you're sneaking in some alcohol. If I'm going to be dancing in front of three schools, I'm going to need it" I replied.

"Ms. Argent, you have yourself a deal" he smirked and handed me the flowers. He mocked a bow and walked off to his friends, who started patting him on the back.

~*~*~

"This is mad," Ron gave up on his notes, "At this rate, we'll be the only ones in our year without dates."

Unluckily for him, Snape was right behind him, which resulted in a slap upside the head with a book. I smothered my laugh with my sleeve.

"Well, us and Neville!" Ron added.

Ginny didn't tell them?

"But then again, he can take himself." Harry retorted

"It might interest you to know that Neville's already got someone." Hermione said

Ron gasped and looked at me as if he was asking for confirmation.

I nodded.

"Now I'm really depressed." He said.

Suddenly, a paper landed in front of him. It was from the twins. I took the paper from them and snorted, "GET A MOVE ON OR ALL THE GOOD ONES WILL HAVE GONE!".

"They're not wrong" I commented.

"Well Hermione, you're a girl." Ron turned to her. Oh no.

"Oh well spotted." She said sarcastically. Maybe the twins and I were rubbing off on her a little too much.

"Come on. It's one thing for a bloke to show up alone." He started.

"Ron—" I tried

"For a girl, it's just sad." He continued.

"For your information, I already have a date" Was all she said.

I gasped, "He finally asked you?"

She nodded, a soft blush covering her cheeks, "He brought me to the astronomy tower. There were flowers and candles."

"I didn't think he had one romantic bone in his body" I said.

"Who are you talking about?" Ron asked.

"You'll see at the ball" She said. She picked up her things, and with one last subtle glance at Fred, her cheeks darkened even more, so I knew who she was glancing at, she left.

"Bloody hell, even she's got a date" Ron said, "Look. We've just got to grit our teeth and do it. Tonight when we get back to the common room, we'll both have partners. Agreed?" He asked Harry.

The brunet looked up from his book and nodded, "Agreed."

I shook my head, "You two are idiots. It's fine if you show up alone. It's a dance. People get ditched, people change partners. It happens"

"Actually, I do need a date. The champions are supposed to start the first dance." Harry said.

I tensed, "The what now?"