Chapter 18 [Edited]

I felt something on my arm, it was shaking me, and I slowly opened my eyes to see dog eyes staring at me.

"Sirius? What are—" There were screams. I sighed, "What did you do?"

The dog just looked away somewhat guiltily.

"Come on, let's get you out of here," I said. I grabbed my housecoat and walked out of the door. I took advantage of the chaos in the room to sneak out of the common room. As we walked down the corridor, I grumbled about how it was too late for this kind of shit.

"Some students are screaming about seeing Black," I heard distantly.

I froze. I looked around, trying to find somewhere to hide, but Sirius just ran the other side. I followed him, and we ended up at the statue of the one-eyed witch. I pressed the switch, and as soon as it opened, we ran in. We waited until the One-eyed witch closed off the pathway before sighing in relief.

I took out my wand, "Lumos," Light erupted from the tip of my wand, and I placed it on the ground. I watched as the dog turned into a man, "Feel like telling me why you dragged me out this late?"

"I almost had the rat," He snarled, "But that kid just had to wake up."

"Sirius, you do realize that they think you're here to kill Harry, right?"

"Why would I kill my Godson?" He asked.

I shrugged, "I don't know. Look, they woke up, and they saw you ready to kill. They don't know you're after the rat," I said.

"You're right."

"Honestly, I'd wait until they're outside. Ron says the rat likes to go running," I said, Sirius just sighed, "I know you've already done a lot of waiting, but if you can wait just a little longer, you can get the rat, and you won't get caught."

He looked at me, "I'm tired of waiting."

"I know, but this is the safest option."

✴✴✴

Harry, Hermione, Ron and I all walked down to Hagrid's. He just came back from Buckbeak's hearing in London. After our greetings, Hagrid said he wanted to go to the lake, so we followed him.

It was quiet as we watched him skip some rocks.

"I'm going to take a guess and say it didn't go well" I was the one to break the silence.

"Buckbeak was a good Hippogriff. If you treated him with respect, he'd treat you the same. Then Lucius Malfoy got up and said his bit."

"He doesn't really have any respect, so I don't know how he was even allowed to speak on the subject," I grumbled. Hermione hit my arm.

"He said Buckbeak was a deadly dangerous beast that no teacher in their right mind would expose their students to..." Hagrid said.

Hermione stood up, "And?" she took Hagrid's silence as guilt, "Draco. It's him the Committee should punish. It's him they should send off to the forest, not Buckbeak."

Hagrid picked up some more rocks, bigger ones, "Buckbeak's not going back to the forest."

I perked up, "Where's he going, Hagrid?"

"He asked for the worse, Lucius Malfoy did. And the Committee granted it." Hagrid started crying, "Buckbeak's been sentenced to death."

The three others gasped. To be completely honest, I kind of expected it. I knew the Malfoys were assholes, "Just let Buckbeak go," I suggested. Hermione shot me a look, "I don't mean let him get killed, just let him fly off. He may be good with humans, but he's still a wild animal." "It doesn't work like that."