Chapter 13 [Edited]

"Ms. Granger, what do you see in Ms. Argent's cup?" Professor Trelawney asked.

Hermione looked into my cup and shrugged, "I don't know. I can't see anything."

"It's alright, dear, not all of us have the gift." The professor said, grabbing the cup. She looked into the cup and turned it a few times, "My dear, you have cupid's arrow. You will soon meet the love of your life, but this cross, it will bring you suffering -- oh dear, you will also be betrayed."

As she handed me the cup, I sighed, "Well, that's just fantastic."

"Just be careful who you trust, my dear. The truths you are going to learn will shake you. You'll want to have someone there to help you," She said.

"This is a load of rubbish," Hermione said.

I stared at the bottom of the cup. I don't think she was too far off. That man, the professor. My wolf side is obsessed with him. What if... "Professor, I have to go. It's urgent," She looked at me and nodded.

I ran out of the class and ran all the way to my room. I reached under my bed for a book, an old leather-bound journal that an Argent wrote centuries ago.

"Come on, where are you?" I mumbled.

I couldn't go to Care of Magical creatures since the animals feared me, they smelled the wolf, so I had a free period next. I looked almost right up until lunchtime before I gave up. I was sure I brought it. Where the hell could it be? I sat in the middle of the room, trying to think where I could've left it.

The door opened, and Katie walked in, "Do I even want to know why your side is a mess and why you're sitting right in the middle of it?" I shook my head and gestured for her to help me up.

She did, and I looked in my nightstand just in case I missed it the first time.

"Come on, let's go to lunch. Oliver wanted to talk to us about quidditch practice," She said. I sighed and nodded, following her out.

✴✴✴

"I hope this professor is at least competent this time," I said as we walked to the DADA classroom. Harry and Ron agreed vocally; Hermione just nodded.

"It may be my first-time teaching, but I do believe I'm competent" I let out a small shout of surprise as I heard the professor talk from behind me. I turned around, my hand on my heart as if it was helping me calm my pulse. Not that his scent and proximity helped.

"Do I not look competent?"

"That's not what I said." I started, "I'm just saying, the first teacher we had, he had Voldemort on the back of his head... and he stuttered too much for us to learn properly and I'm not even going to talk about Gilderoy Lockhart because that will just send me on a whole rant."

He just looked amused, "Class is right this way" He walked past us and opened the door. We walked in, and I had to hold my breath as I walked past him because if I hadn't, I probably would've cuddled up to him just to smell him... I didn't want to be the creepy girl who does that...

"Intriguing, yes? Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what's inside?" The professor asked. I looked up, and that's when I realized the shaking cabinet in the middle of the room

"That's a Boggart, that is." I heard Seamus whisper. I groaned when I realized he was right

"Excellent, Mr. Finnigan. Can anyone tell us what a Boggart looks like? Ms. Argent? It seems like you've encountered one before," Professor Lupin said. I knew exactly what a boggart was, and I knew exactly what mine would turn into.