12

ELROY

   The sketches in front of me, made me feel like I was loosing my touch in my line of expertise. I couldn't come up with something different. I had tried looking at my old sketch pad, but nothing looked show worthy to the public.

Carter said that I shouldn't show people what they expect to see from me. I needed fresh eyes for this project. And I was so tempted to ask Fay for help... But I was pretty sure she'd stay away from me till she wasn't angry anymore.

I sighed, closing the sketch pad.

My mind wasn't settled and I knew it. I was still bothered by the outcome of the brunch.  And I have no idea why?

All I did, I did for Fay's sake. I knew she didn't really want to work for Yvonne, she just wanted to get me angry and I knew deep down she was thanking me.

Or was she?

Honestly speaking, I didn't know Catherine would go that far to even hit her. At some point, it was almost like Fay saw it coming. It was almost like, it wasn't the first time.

But what do I care? At the end I got what I wanted right? The deal is off with Yvonne.

No more possible risk of scandal in the future.

My head fell back on my study chair, as I let out a breath of frustration.

Why the hell can't I get my mind off today's event? Why the hell did that slap bother me so much? Why can't I stop thinking about Fay and how she was dealing with everything? Why?

Should I give her a call?

Wait- no... Catherine broke her phone.

And come to think of it, why the hell would I give her a call? It's not like I did something terrible, did I? I was only trying to stop her from making a mistake she wouldn't be able to come out of... How's that a bad thing?

Fay was stubborn, if she had just ended the contract in a more civilized way, she wouldn't have gotten slapped by Catherine... She brought this upon herself... I didn't cause anything.

She might have probably said something to piss Catherine off to the extent of hitting her. Catherine loved Fay, I've gathered that much about the mother and daughter relationship.

I rubbed my eyes, swirling around in my study chair.

And as for Cade and Damien. They deserved everything I said to them. If they had just minded their business, I wouldn't have added salt to their not so healing wounds. They both had their problems to deal with, and I have mine. I've never meddled in their issue, neither have I ever given advice or warnings... So why the hell did they think it was alright to meddle with my problems?

Just because we were brothers doesn't mean we have to be all brotherly friendly with each other... The brotherly crap died along side our parents. We signed our sanity and humanity when we decided to pick up where they left off.

Besides, who cares if they're both angry with me? Hell, I'm glad. At least I wouldn't have to bother myself when it comes to listening to Damien's endless chatter about family. Or Cade's lousy silence.