47

ELROY

   I knocked three times, gaining Lucas's attention.

After Damien, Cade and I finished our scheduled photoshoot with a magazine company, Damien headed out for some work while Cade and I went back to Sparks.

For a reason.

Lucas looked up from his laptop, frowning when his eyes met mine. I made my way casually into the editing office, rolling up the sleeves to my Ash long sleeved shirt before tucking both my hands into my black baggy three quarter Jean.

"What do you want?" Lucas stood up right, snapping at me. "what are you doing here?"

I raised a brow at him. "First off, this is my company, and I can go wherever I want to. Secondly, I just came here to apologize."

He looked confused for a minute, but then his confused look faded into a frown. "Apologize for what?"

"For threatening you. My girlfriend thought it was pretty wrong to give a threat like that. I didn't mean to say all those things about rendering you homeless."

Lucas smirked. "I see she came to you after all... That was the plan though. I bet she hates your guts now."

I shook my head. "You don't even know how to play this game, do you?" I pulled my hands from my pocket, made my way to his table, picked up a pencil absentmindedly and looked up at him. "One thing you need to know before you think of crossing me, is that... No matter what, I'm always ten steps ahead and as for Fay, you're only helping our relationship grow. Infact, I'm honored to tell you that we're perfectly fine, even better than before."

He frowned. "Well, that's just for now... When I'm done with you-"

"Your measly threats doesn't faze me Lucas." I cut him off, "you're a fool who thinks he can throw in a few threats and lie to Fay, to get her away from me." I dropped the pencil. "I know you know things you shouldn't know, and trust me, I still wonder how, and I still wonder why you would gain so much pleasure in seeing me or any of the members of my family suffer, cause last I checked, I don't remember doing anything to you."

His frown deepened. "You don't remember doing anything to me? You stand here and tell me that you don't remember doing anything to me?!"

I shrugged. "I don't think I did, Lucas. And if eventually I did something to make you feel angry, then bring it to my notice, if it's something that deserves my interest or my apologies, I'll gladly render it."

His jaw clenched, looking more angry by the minute. "I hate you." He gritted out in anger.

"Great, that's progress, why? Because you love Fay, and she's with me?" I asked calmly.

"No." He said.

"Then, why else? Don't you like your salary? Do you need a raise? Or a loan? Or... What could I have possibly done to you? Why would you want to ruin my family?"

"Because you ruined mine." He said tersely. "You ruined my life."

He said it with so much loathe, with so much aggression. Almost as if I actually did ruin his life.