60A

FAY

   "Hey you, I'm about to leave for the program now... The venue is set already, are you there yet?"

No reply.

Few minutes later.

"So I just got here and the hall is so beautiful. The lights are perfect and the designs are way beyond exceptional. Where are you?"

No reply.

Few minutes later.

"Hey El... People are beginning to arrive and almost everyone can't wait to see you. Where are you? Carter's going ballistic."

No reply.

An hour later.

"The program would commence in an hour time. Where are you El... You're kinda needed here... I called your office and they said you'd left already. Are you okay?"

No reply.

30 Minutes later.

"Hey, it's 30 minutes to the program... Why aren't you responding? Is everything okay? I'm beginning to get worried."

No reply.

I checked my phone for the thousandth time, just in case I missed any text message or call from him. Carter was practically losing his mind and his team were deeply counting on him.

What could be the reason for the delay? Did he loose track of time?

No. That doesn't sound like like Elroy.

"Any word?" I asked Carter, approaching the changing room.

"No... I've been calling and leaving text messages but I'm getting no replies! This isn't him... He wouldn't bail on us... Would he? I can't do this without him, I don't even know what I'm doing." He ranted.

"Relax Carter... He'll come... Maybe something important came up."

"What could be more important than the merge program? He should be here. Everyone on our team are losing their minds Fay... Everyone. This was usually the time he'd give the annoying pep talk about being confident and all... We all used to hate it... But now, now we crave it. Turns out his annoying pep talk, was the only thing, keeping us on track."

I managed a small but uneasy smile.

"Don't worry, I'll keep on trying his number, okay?"

"Okay... Okay... You do that, and I'll try to check on the models." He said, walking away in haste.

I sighed pressing my phone to my ear.

"Hey, you've reached Elroy Chesterfield... Leave a message at the beep."

"Hey El... Can you call me back right after you get this? It's almost time... You need to get here quick... Where are you? And please call me back... I need to know if you're okay... Please."

I was getting worried.

Why wasn't he picking up his calls? Why wasn't he replying my voicemails?