40

FAY

"I still don't know why we didn't take him to the hospital, Damien." I muttered, pacing back and forth in Elroy's living room.

Damien sighed, running a hand down his face. "Trust me Fay, Elroy wouldn't have wanted that. Besides, Dr. Xavier is a long time family doctor, he knows what he's doing."

I shook my head in disapproval.

"I don't know, Damien... Since when did Elroy become asthmatic?" I asked.

Damien didn't reply to that question. "You need to stop pacing around Fay, relax. Elroy is going to be fine." He said.

"Fine? No... Elroy Chesterfield had an asthma attack not too long ago, in the main Street. I was there, and I am the cause of it! I shouldn't have just gotten out of the car. But I was so Mad I-"

"Fay, It's okay. It's not your fault." Damien cut me off.

He equally looked worried and somewhat guilty.

"Has this ever happened before? To him? Or was this the first time?" I asked him.

He glanced up at me, looking a bit lost. "I used to think he was Faking it. All these years, I blamed him- I- I thought he was Faking it."

Was he talking to me? It didn't seem so.

"Why would anyone fake an asthma attack? And, what do you mean by all these years?" I asked him, totally clueless.

He sighed, looking up at me. "This isn't the first time, Fay. It's the second. The first happened when we were only 14."

I furrowed my brows. 14? That was when his parents died right?

"Till today, he never had any attack. So, we all thought he faked it that day. We all except, Cade."

"What happened Damien?" I asked.

"There's a lot you don't know Fay. Even if I wanted to tell you, I wouldn't know where to start." He said, looking a bit lost.

We had gotten back to Elroy's house, thanks to Damien who didn't take much time in getting to the main Street. I thought we would head straight to the hospital but- he took us home, saying something about the family doctor, waiting in the house.

I noticed he was worried, probably more worried than I was. Melissa and Rhea got here not too long after I'd changed my clothes. The both of them were currently with Elroy, who still hasn't woken up yet.

The doctor was also in there with them.

For some reason, Rhea thought it would be much better for me to stay out of the room.

I knew it was partially my fault but- it wasn't intentional. If I had known he would be badly affected by the cold, I wouldn't have bolted out of the car like I did. I would have just listened to him and stayed back.

Now, see what's happening!

Lucas was Right. I am stubborn!

I knew everyone thought this was my fault, one way or another, or maybe I tried to get revenge on him by shoving him in this state but- I was pretty sure none of them knew how attached Elroy and I had gotten, these last few days.