19

ELROY

   I was nervous, and I could tell because my hands were shaking, an embarrassing act my body pulled whenever I was nervous. Whenever my heart couldn't stop pumping gulps of blood into my veins.

The funniest part was that, Fay was beginning to notice it... I couldn't even pick up the fork. We had been served our dinner, few minutes ago. But I kept  griping the glass of water to try and calm my unsteady heart. I honestly didn't understand why I was nervous.

I mean, this was Fay... The normal, annoying girlfriend anyone could possibly wish for. I had been dating her for years. So why the hell does it feel like I was on a date with my long time crush?

This is odd.

"Why aren't you eating? I thought you were hungry?" She asked, swallowing the food she placed in her mouth before speaking.

"I uh..  I am... I just um..." What do I say now? "I'm hungry... I just-"

She raised a brow. "You just what?" She asked.

I honestly didn't know what to tell her... Should I tell her how nervous I was? She'd want to know why? I didn't have the answer to that question. I myself don't have any clue as to why I was acting like a total fish outside of the sea.

"Are you okay?" She asked cautiously.

I brought the glass cup to my lips, noticing the jumping water, due to my shaky hands. I took a gulp and set the glass on the table, before pulling my hand away from her view. "I'm good."

"Okay... How did you find this place?" She asked.

When we had just arrived earlier, she looked surprised, and I knew she'd ask me this question.

"Oh... I used to come here with Yvonne. When we were still together."

She raised her brows. "So this was like your hide and hide spot?"

"Yeah... No paparazzi's in this area." I answered, picking up the fork in front of me.

"So, you don't want to be seen In public places with me? Do I embarass you that much?"

I was taken by surprise. "What? Why are you even asking that? Why would I ever be embarrassed by you... You're Fay Handerson."

"Is that the only reason why you're with me? Because I'm popular? Just like you are?" She asked... Making me wonder where she was driving at.

"No... Because I want to make us work...and because I like you and I respect our relationship, not because you get invited to the red carpet or something." I assured her.

She rolled her eyes but they soon landed on my hands. "Are you okay? Your hands are-"

"Shaking, I Know.  I'm nervous." I blurted out... Cursing my tongue silently.

She scrunched her brows. "Nervous? Why?"

I shrugged. "You're making me nervous. I honestly don't know what to do..." I said. Feeling utterly and completely stupid.

I couldn't maintain an eye to eye conversation. I was suddenly so interested in the glass of water in front of me, and my untouched food.