23

FAY

    I wasn't thinking straight, that was a fact, I couldn't help but stare at him, admiring his beauty. Noticing things I didn't notice before. The idea of both of us together was beginning to grow more brighter and brighter in my head. I could only stare at him and blurt rubbish.

I knew bruichladdich was strong, but not this strong, I just had one shot. Now I can't even think straight.

We were talking, like normal people, I knew most of it was because we were both light headed. But that still didn't change the fact that he was talking to me, continuing the conversation, which was so unlike him.

There was a new feeling attached to this. A new feeling that threatened to hurt me, but something in me was trying to ingnore the fear I felt. Maybe he was being sincere. Maybe Karen was right... He might just be starting to like me.

That's what I've always wanted, right?

I fought the urge to smile at my stupid thoughts.

When did I start wanting him? When did I start caring about him, or noticing stuffs about him?

This was all too weird, fast, and odd. I wanted to lean in to him, but that feeling was still there, I still had the nagging feeling that he was just toying with me. Probably aiming for something.

It was pretty obvious that he still loved Yvonne, that was a fact, he wasn't over her, he never processed through the feeling and that was why he still held a grudge.  But would I blame him? Heartbreak wasn't really something someone could look pass. It deals with the heart.

He still looked hurt talking about it.

"Why do you keep on staring at me?" He asked, his lips kicking up in one corner, shooting me a dashing smile.

I'll admit it! Fine, he had beautiful lips, and I'll also admit that I have always imagined how kissing him would feel like? Would it be slow? Soft? Passionate? Emotional? Rough? Sparky?

I scoffed mentally? Was I really expecting Sparks. I would finally go to church if I even remotely feel the butterflies in the stomach thing.

There was no spark between Elroy and I. Or at least, that was what I thought.

"Is there something on my face?" He asked, touching his face, with drowsy looking dark eyes.

"Yeah... Your lips." I muttered, causing his eyes to widen.

"Isn't that meant to be on my face?" He chuckled. "Or are you too drunk to see it? We should probably get going."

"You're too drunk to drive, I'm not ready to die so young." I muttered.

He smiled again, and this time, I tried not to get lost in it.

"Are there any vacant rooms?" Elroy asked the bartender.

"Yes sir, but I'm afraid it just one left." The bar tender informed.

"Alright... Uh... Fay you can sleep there, I'll just sleep in the car or something." He said. I could see it in his eyes, the bruichladdich whiskey worked pretty hard on him, even than me... He had two shots of it, and little sips now and then.