15

FAY

  "I need a friend and a therapist." I said as I rushed into Karen's office, dropping down on her soft couch with a heavy heart.

She chuckled. "Good morning to you too Fay." She smiled, sitting Infront of me. "You look like you have a lot on your mind."

I inhaled deeply before speaking. "I do have a lot on my mind... A lot of things I can't figure out." I muttered.

"Okay, then... Let's start with the Brunch... How did it go?" Karen asked.

Well, that was how it all started. "It was a complete disaster." I said. "Elroy destroyed it by bringing up my contract with Yvonne and my mother exploded instantly." I informed her.

Karen raised her brows. "Did you end it?" She asked. 

"I didn't... My mom did... She slapped me and forcefully took my phone away from me and then she texted Yvonne." I said.

Karen sighed. "How did you process through that feeling?" She asked.

I relaxed back on the couch, making myself comfortable.

"Rhea took me to her house after that... She calmed me and made me forget for a while... Until I eventually got back to Elroy's house."

"What happened then?" She asked.

"Well... The unexpected." I simply said. "He hugged me." I said, still finding it difficult to believe.

Karen raised a brow. "He hugged you." She said, trying to confirm it herself.

"He did Karen... I was beyond shocked. The Elroy I knew avoids body contact but he hugged me today."

"Okay, what happened after that?" Karen asked further.

"I pulled away... I thought something was actually wrong with him... But he seemed perfectly fine... He then told me that he had been worried sick about me. And the next thing I know? He was apologizing to me."

"What?" Karen asked with a smile on her face.

"That was my exact reaction. I knew then and there that he wasn't really worried about me, that he was playing at a game... A game he wanted to win so bad..."

"But..." Karen urged me to continue.

"But then, he looked so sincere and vulnerable... I tried my best not to buy his obvious crap but I found myself thinking about it... I then decided that he was only messing with me. He would never apologize..."

"But..." Karen inquired.

"But then I got a call from Damien... He told me that Elroy just left his house. Karen," I sat up. "... Elroy apologized to Damien and Cade. And now I'm back to being confused." I said.

"That's a lot." Karen said.

"I know right?" I placed my back on the soft couch again, feeling uneasy. "... I can't even tell if he's just fooling around or being serious. What do you think?" I asked Karen.

"Well... Analyzing the issue, I guess Elroy felt guilty-"

"Elroy doesn't feel guilty... I know that man." I cut in.