28

ELROY

An appointment in the office? Lies....

I wanted to see Karen Holster, my ex therapist. The minute I found out she was the same person treating Fay, I made a decision to see her. Did she tell Fay anything? Anything about our sessions back then?

I knew it was against their laws to sell out a patient's details and whatever. But the way Fay talked, it was almost as if their relationship had surpassed a doctor and a patient's relationship.

When I stepped into her office, she was busy taking a file from her office table.

"Karen." I called out her attention.

She jumped a little.

When her eyes met mine, they widened. "Elroy?" She asked, almost as if she couldn't believe I was standing in front of her.

"I believe my presence is enough for you to detect that. Do you have time to talk?"

She still looked shocked. "Uh... Yeah, I guess, my uh.. my uh patient called to reschedule the time, so she won't be here till an hour later." She said.

"Great." I said.

"What is it? Did something happen?" She asked, giving me that doctor look.

"Nothing happened. Aside from the fact that I found out you were treating Fay Handerson, who I'm pretty sure you're quite aware, is my girlfriend."

Her shoulders relaxed a bit. "That's what you're here to talk about?"

"Obviously? Why else would I be here?" I asked.

She dropped the file. "Have a seat please." She said motioning to the patient couch.

I raised my brow, studying her. "I'm not here to seat, like some patient who needs help. I'm here to talk about the fact that you didn't think it was important for me to know that you were treating Fay." I said.

She sighed, "We're gonna talk about that. Sure. But you look like you have a lot of things on your mind-"

"I don't." I cut her off.

"Have you forgotten who you're talking to?"

"No, you're Karen Holster. My ex therapist." I stated, making her roll her eyes.

"Have a seat Roy, I know you, and I know something is bothering you, something you might want to talk about... We're still friends okay? Since my patient won't be here for an hour more, why don't we just catch up, on lost times. Don't worry, I won't charge, this is just a friendly discussion." She smiled.

"I'm not interested in-"

"Just sit down, already." She said, her face going serious now.

"Fine." I snapped, plopping down on the couch. "Happy now?"

She made herself comfortable on her small doctor chair. "I'm glad." She said. "So now, care to tell me why you care so much about Fay being a patient of mine?"

"Trust me, I don't care. All I want to know is why you didn't tell me. Did you tell her anything? Anything about her sessions?"