1

authors note:

hi! thanks for choosing this story. there's just a few things i want to get out of the way before you start reading, SO PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:

1. This story has non-sexual spankings of a minor. I don't care if you agree with spanking being used as a disciplinary tactic or not, it's just what I wanted to write about.

2. This story does have some mentions of panic attacks and other possible triggers. I don't want to list everything here as I don't want to spoil the story, but if you're triggered easily, I'd recommend not reading. 

that's all for now. :) enjoy and tell me what you think!! 

                                                                                              ***

I let out an exasperated sigh as the bus slowed down to finally stop. 

I had been shoveled off to live with my older brother after the death of my parents — who really weren't deserving to be even called parents. 

My brother was eight years older than me, at a whooping twenty-four years old. He moved out of our house at sixteen to go and live with our cousin, Elliot, clearly without any second thought of me. 

As the doors of the bus opened, I grabbed my suitcase and duffel bag that held just about everything I have ever loved and got off the bus to look for Jason. The last time I'd seen him was about two years ago, when Elliot's dad died and Mom and I went to the funeral. Jason gave me an awkward head nod, and that'd been it. 

I was much closer with Elliot, who often came back to town to visit his dad and would try and meet up with me while he was home too. Jason never visited. 

Jolting me back to the present, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked back to see the grim smile of my older brother.

 I looked back to see the grim smile of my older brother

"Hi."

"Hi. Ready to go?" he asked. I nodded. 

He took the duffel bag out of my hand and motioned for me to follow.