9

It was probably half past nine when Jason came to wake me up.

"What?" I grumbled, after accidentally sitting on my ass. 

"We need to talk."

"About what?" I groaned, exasperated. "Look, I'm sorry I wasted your time on the letter today, and I won't run away again, okay?"

I expected Jason to get angry, or at least irritated, but to my surprise, he took a seat on the bed beside me. I quickly moved away, thinking that he'd pull me into his lap for another spanking, but he stayed silent, looking at his hands.

After another minute of silence, he finally spoke.

"You didn't tell me that Dad... sexually assaulted you."

My throat began to close, and I felt my head spinning. 

"I don't want to talk about it."

Jason gave me a slight nod, and then sat in silence for a little longer.

"I know I've missed a large part of your life, -"

"Half of it. Literally half," I interrupted.

"Yes, I realize that. But, I'm trying to be in your life now and I'd really appreciate it if you'd just let me help."

"By help you mean spank me."

"By help I mean teaching you and guiding you to make the right choices."

"By spanking."

Jason let out a sigh. "If that's what'll work then yes. Spanking."

"Then I don't want you to help."

"Fine, then I'm going to try and help you in whatever way I think is right and we can go back to doing this the hard way. Is that better?" Jason snapped.

"How about you just leave me alone?" I muttered.

"Not happening."

I grumbled and pulled my knees to my chest so I could rest my head and avoid Jason's stare. My eyes were sore from crying, and I had to sit in an uncomfortable position to avoid any contact with my ass. 

"Jessica, please. I'm trying. Just follow my rules and you won't  have to worry about getting spanked."

See, the thing about me is that I am not used to following rules. I did whatever I wanted when I lived with my parents, and I very much enjoyed that freedom. This whole 'being the good girl' did not work for me, but there was no way for me to explain this to Jason.

"Fine. I'll try to," I mumbled.

"Good. Thank you. Now come and eat dinner and I'll help you with your homework after," he ordered, getting up from the bed and leaving the room.

-

We sat down at the desk in Jason's room with my homework laid out after eating dinner.

"Now, before we get started on this, I need you to write that apology letter so you can give it to Stephanie tomorrow morning," Jason said.

"I have to give it to her?" I asked, in disbelief.

Jason nodded. "You're the one who broke her nose."

I groaned. "Can't you just hand it to her? She's gonna be all smug and bitchy!"

Jason frowned. "Don't cuss. And no, it's already enough that I'm helping you with this letter."

We painstakingly wrote the letter, with Jason scolding me on numerous occasions for my crass language. Then we went through alllll my homework from the day, and the stuff I'd missed from Jason's class.

"I can't do anymore!" I whined, flopping onto the bed.

"You wouldn't have all this work piled up if you'd done it when you were assigned to," Jason lectured. I had to bite my lip to stop myself from rolling my eyes. 

"Alright, alright. Can I sleep now?"

Jason got up from the desk and studied me, sprawled on top of the bed.

"So being held down freaks you out?" he asked. 

I quickly sat up, wincing from my sore butt. 

"What?"

"Is being held down what freaks you out so much?" he repeated. 

I looked away, unsure of how to respond. I didn't really like physical contact in general. 

"I guess."

Jason nodded. "I'm sorry for holding you down the last time. I'll remember for the future," he said, before walking out of the room.

-

The next day, Jason made us arrive early so I could go and find Stephanie. I wandered through the halls for some time until I finally spotted her with her posse by the gym corridors. 

Her nose was definitely screwed up, I couldn't understand why she'd even show up to school looking like that. She was practically asking to be made fun of. 

"What do you want?" one of her minions sneered.

 I rolled my eyes and answered, "Literally nothing. Here." 

I handed Stephanie the envelope with the apology letter and quickly walked away — really not interested in seeing her reaction. 

In English, I sat in the very back, beside some weird emo kid who had his earphones in throughout the whole lesson.

Ben looked at me when he first walked into the classroom, but quickly looked away as if he had committed some kind of crime. I internally scoffed at his reaction. 

For the class, we were instructed on coming up with some type of project to present for The Great Gatsby. 

"And because you guys got to choose partners for your last project, I'll be picking yours this time!" Mrs.Peterson announced.

The whole class groaned, but I couldn't care less really. Since I was the new kid, I'd probably have to be partners with loner-emo kid by default. 

Mrs.Peterson grabbed a list of names, and began reading off the pairs of names. I listened for mine, ignoring the shrieks and groans of other students as their names were paired. 

"-Greg and Holly, Marian and Ali, Ben and... Jessica!"

Just my luck. 

~~

a.n i changed the front cover of the book. any opinions on it or this triple-update?  lemme know :))