33

At home, it seemed like Jason had already notified Elliot about today's events, for Elliot was cooking up a storm in the kitchen.

"That smells good," I murmured, walking in to see a few dishes already made.

"Hey, pumpkin! Come give me a hug," Elliot cheerfully said, spreading his arms wide.

I tightly hugged him, still wearing Jason's button up shirt that he had loaned me due to my own sticky one. 

"We're celebrating tonight," Elliot announced.

"Celebrating what?" Jason asked, standing behind us.

"Jessica having her first break up since coming into this house," Elliot replied, before looking down at me. "It is your first, right?"

I nodded.

"Since when is that something to celebrate?" Jason asked, raising an eyebrow.

Elliot shrugged.

"I watched an inspiring documentary today. I learnt that you should celebrate every up and down in life."

This made me crack a smile. He always tried to make the best of situations. 

"Alright, Elliot, whatever you say. I'll be home at four to celebrate," Jason teasingly mocked, before grabbing his keys to drive back to school.

Elliot gestured for me to take a seat on the bar-stool at the kitchen island. 

"Now, tell me all about this asshole."

"There's nothing to tell," I sighed. "I told him we need to end things and he got upset. Told me I wasted his time. And then spilled his drink on me. That's it."

I didn't feel like disclosing the forceful kiss part.

Elliot shook his head, while mixing the spaghetti.

"Teenage guys are dicks."

"Adult ones too," I joked, making Elliot chuckle.

"I guess you're right."

After talking to Elliot, I took a hot shower and settled into my bed as I looked through movies to watch on Netflix. Today called for some major self-care time. 

Stephanie texted me sometime around three, to give me another warning about the audio recording and exposing me to Jason. I told her to fuck off and do whatever she wants with it.

Another thought crossed my mind while thinking about the blackmailing Stephanie had attempted.

There was still one more thing I had hid from Jason. I just needed to find the right time to tell him. Then I could finally be 100% guilt free.

I decided I would do it that same night. I couldn't wait any longer. 

However, when Jason came home from school, something was wrong, and I doubted my decision to confess. 

First of all, he arrived half an hour late.

Second, he slammed the front door during his entrance and began arguing with Elliot about something.

I stood at the base of my bedroom, trying to listen to what they were saying.

When I heard the voices quieten down and the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs, I quickly jumped back onto my bed.

Within seconds, there was a knock at my door.

"Yes?" I called out.

Both Elliot and Jason entered, looking as serious as ever.