24

Jason didn't suspect a thing when he came back to his classroom, and I was relieved. I had a pretty good idea of what would happen if he found out I had let Eric go through his test papers, and I knew for sure that it would not be good for my ass.

The next day, I was in a bad mood again, no thanks to Jason waking me up bright and early. 

I purposely sat as far away from Ben as possible in English, not wanting him to get any more ideas for a relationship between us. He gave me a weird look at first, but didn't approach me (thank. god.)

While we were waiting for Mrs.Peterson to hand out the homework, the girl sitting beside me nudged my foot. I think her name was Samaira. 

"Rachel keeps looking over at you. You must have done something to really piss her off," she said.

"Rachel, who?" I asked, looking around at the classroom.

She motioned towards the front corner of the classroom, where the girl who had confronted me about Cassidy's hair incident was sitting. Indeed, she was giving me a solid glare.

"Oh, her? Yeah, I guess I did," I nonchalantly answered. 

Samaira nodded and stayed silent for a moment before piping up again.

"Hey, you're the girl who broke Stephanie's nose, aren't you?"

"Yeah," I mumbled, extremely annoyed that everyone knew about this.

"That's epic, you have guts," she grinned.

I gave her a smile back, pleasantly surprised by the compliment.

"You wanna sit together at lunch?" Samaira asked. "I'll introduce you to my friends."

"Sure," I said, happy for the offer. Sitting in the library was better than sitting with Ben now that I know he liked me, but having real friends would be even better.

In Calculus, I decided I'd sit away from Eric. He did apologize the day before, but I still wasn't completely ready to trust him.

He immediately rolled his eyes when he walked into the classroom.

"Get out," he ordered to the guy sitting beside me.

"Wh-"

"I said, get out. Move to another seat," Eric barked, interrupting the poor kid.

The guy gathered his stuff and left, and Eric took his seat. 

"You said you'd give me a second chance," he complained.

"Yeah, I did. So?" 

"Why are you ignoring me, then?" 

"I'm not ignor-"

"You purposely sat away from our usual spot," Eric interrupted.

I let out a sigh. "I'm just in a bad mood."

Eric reluctantly accepted my answer and shut up for a few minutes as class began. Of course, he couldn't keep quiet for too long. 

"There's a party tomorrow night," he whispered. 

Mrs.Jones was writing equations on the board. I kept an eye on her as I leaned over to whisper back. 

"Jason would never let me go."

"Sneak out. I'll pick you up."

"I don't think-"

"Miss.Morris, would you like to share your thoughts with the rest of the class," Mrs.Jones interrupted.