10

Shit!

Ben and I made eye contact as our names were read out, and I could practically sense how uncomfortable he was. 

After Mrs.Peterson was done listing the names, I walked up to her to tell her that we would not work good together.

"Why's that, sweetie?" she asked.

I opened my mouth to answer, when Ben quickly came up to us.

"It's fine, Mrs.Peterson. We'll do the project together," he interrupted. 

I shot him a weird look as Mrs.Peterson clapped her hands together and left us to work.

"I didn't know that Mr.Morris was your brother," Ben said, studying me.

"Okay? I really don't think we should work together."

"Stop making a fuss out of everything," he groaned, rolling his eyes.

"I'm not making a fuss, I'm stating facts," I huffed, unable to stop my voice from rising. "You piss me off and I can't imagine how I'd be able to do this project without strangling you."

Ben scoffed. "Why are you so violent?"

"Why do you want to be murdered so badly?" I shot back. 

Ben opened his mouth to reply just as the bell for the next class rang. I spun around and gathered my stuff from my desk and headed out the classroom.

"Your place or mine?" Ben asked, following me.

"What?"

"Actually, let's do my place. Your brother scares me. What's your last class? I'll wait for you outside and we can go together."

I took a deep breath and stopped walking, making Ben collide into me. 

"I am not going over to your house, or doing this dumb project with you," I growled. 

Ben cocked an eyebrow. "You'll get a zero on the assignment."

"I don't care. Do whatever you want and hand in whatever you like. Just buzz off and get off my case," I snapped, before turning back and walking away. 

-

I was in the library for my study block when I felt someone watching me. I looked up to see Jason looking over me.

"What?" I spat.

"Hey, watch the attitude. I don't want to go back to the strikes system, but I will if I have to," Jason warned, as he took a seat across from me.

"I'm sorry. How can I help you?" I sarcastically smiled. 

"Stop. I've made the rules clear to you and will not give you anymore warnings."

I sighed, deciding to keep my mouth shut for the time being. 

"I heard you got a project in English," Jason said.

"From who? Are you seriously keeping tabs on me?"  I angrily asked. 

"Do not raise your tone or I'll take you to my classroom right now and spank you," Jason growled, pointing his finger in my direction. 

I lowered my glare as my rage died down at the sound of a spanking. 

"My goal is to keep you safe and help you fulfill your potential, and if you think what I'm doing is spying on you, then so be it," he continued. "Anyways, when will you be working on this project? Mrs.Peterson said it's worth quite a lot of marks."

"I'm not doing it," I mumbled.

"Excuse me?"

I looked up to see Jason mildly peeved off.