18

I got 6 more messages that night — all equally perverted. Three of them had different variations of my name included in the greeting: "Jess", "Jessica", "Jessie", "J", etc.

I didn't know what else to do other than block the numbers.

Saturday morning, I got another text. This time, I was relieved to open it.

Unknown: Hi, Jess! It's Ben. Is tonight okay for working on the project? We can do it at my house if that's okay?

I quickly texted back.

Me: yeah, sure, I'll come over. what time?

Ben: 4ish? We can probably finish by 6 then.

Me: ok, sounds good.

Ben: See you :) 

I got up to go tell Jason about going over to Ben's. 

When I went downstairs, I found Elliot in his study room. 

"Good morning, hunbun," Elliot greeted, as I walked in

My by-far most favorite part of Elliot was all of his nicknames for me. That and his hugs could instantly put me in the best of moods.

"Morning. Where's Jason?" I asked, as I watched Elliot working.

"He went over to his apartment an hour ago. I think Alena needed something. What's up?"

"She needs a life," I snorted.

Elliot turned around and raised an eyebrow. "Don't be mean."

"Why is she even living in his apartment?"

"The lease ended on her apartment and she needed a place to crash. Jason doesn't have to technically clear out until the end of this month, which is why she's staying there. I wanted to move in here so I just terminated my lease early."

"Oh." I took a seat on cushioned chair in the corner of the office.  "Why does he even like her?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"They go way back. Dating is what really screwed them over, they used to be really close friends."

"Wow. He didn't even tell his really close friend about his biological sister, huh? Feels great," I muttered.

Elliot heard what I said and turned around from his computer to face me. 

"Don't take it personal, babe. Jason never talks to anyone about his home life. He barely mentioned your parents to me after moving in."

"Whatever," I huffed. "I needed to tell him that I have to go over to Ben's house at four to work on our project."

"Alright, I'll drop you off. Go eat breakfast now," he instructed. 

I ate Eggos and an apple for breakfast, and asked Elliot to get Tim Horton's for lunch on our way to Ben's. Jason still wasn't home by the time we left.