•Princess with a little bit of Crackhead•

{•edited•}
                           ~Atticus's POV~

     "What information have you gotten?" Sheriff asks me as I walk into his office, the door closing behind him. Was I supposed to have information after one night? After last night all I realized is that she isn't what I thought. She at first came off as the type of girl who was shy and quiet, which she might still be, but she's also quick-witted and has an attitude.
     "Not much. All I got is that she's from Wincrest, but we already knew that. It's not gonna happen overnight that she tells me personal shit about her dad. She already snapped at me for thinking I was gonna question her."
     "She snapped at you?" He asks, sitting down with his arms crossed. I nod, waiting for it to happen already. He starts laughing loudly, coughing violently after. "She has balls."
    "No, she has an attitude, which is irritating," I tell him. He shakes his head at me. "So what? I bug her until she somehow mentions her dad?"
    "Pretty much."
    •••••••
                            ~Bex's POV~

        "You're seriously getting on my nerves, but I hate people too much to meet anyone," I groan as I finish brushing my hair in the mirror. Alaric has been here for the past hour rearranging my knickknacks and making Marissa's bed that she left unmade when rushing this morning. The sound of her running around woke me up just as the sun was starting to rise, which isn't what I'm used to at all; I need my sleep until I'm a lot more irritable than usual.
     "You love me," he says, placing his hands on my shoulders and turning me around to face him. I sigh, trying to force myself into a positive mood. "Have you talked to your dad today?"
    "No, it's only eight. I talked to my mom last night though," I tell him. "That was a stupid question anyway. Of course, I didn't talk to my dad; I could be sitting across from him and there wouldn't be any communication."  
   Someone messing with the doorknob makes me jump. Alaric cocks his brow, turning around on his heel and making his way to my bed. The door opens, revealing Atticus in uniform once again.
    "How the hell did she make a spare key for you so quick?" I say mostly to myself, glaring at him. Alaric shoots up from my bed, eyes wide and arm extended in front of him, pointing directly at Atticus.
    "You said he was hot, not that he was a sexy mother fucker," he says, eyeing him up and down with his lips pressed together. I guess he just came out. The look on Atticus's face almost makes me laugh. "You are one cop I wouldn't run from. That is...unless you want me to."
   I clear my throat, disgusted by what was just said, but also impressed by his confidence. "Can you please go get my jacket from your room. I left it on the bed."
    "You didn't-"
    "IT'S PINK!"
    "Don't raise your voice at me. I'll whoop your little ass," he says, walking to the door, making sure to brush against Atticus. As soon as that door closes I wish I hadn't told him to leave. Now I'm trapped in here with this man that I just met last night and already don't like; well not trapped, I could leave, but I'm too stubborn.
     "Marissa isn't around," I tell him, tossing my hairbrush on my bed. He leans against the wall,  looking somewhere between bored and curious.
    "What makes you think I didn't come just to see you?" He asks. Gag me. Wait, that was not a good choice of words. I roll my eyes, crossing my arms. "Your friends aren't what I'd expected."
    "You couldn't have expected much, you met me yesterday," I say. He straightens up, examining me.
    "I'm good at reading people," he says. "You're like a princess with a little bit of crackhead." I can't help but giggle at his interpretation.
    "I'm far from a princess, but you're right about the crackhead part. I've been told I hang around Seven-Elevens too often," I joke. He cracks a small smile.
    "You aren't a princess? Daddies little angel?" He asks. Now, this makes me full-on laugh. He knows me for less than twenty-four hours and suddenly thinks he knows me. My grandpa Ever is right, cops do really have big heads.
   "My dad and I don't get along," I tell him. "He hardly says my name, let alone call me his little angel." Maybe I said too much. He doesn't need to know anything about my relationship with my dad or anything about me.
     "I'm sorry for assuming," he says. I nod, not wanting I say anything else. I wish I knew where Marissa went or how long she'd be gone for. Is it rude if I leave him here? Where would I go? I know no one. "And you're also right about me not knowing you. We should change that." He can't be talking to me. Did Alaric somehow slither his way back in here?
    "I don't want you to know me and I don't want to know you. I'm here for school, nothing else. Your sister is a nice girl and I have no idea how she ended up with you as a brother," I tell him. I could have been more polite about it, but being polite only gets you deeper into a problem.
    "Come on, don't act like you aren't interested in me," he says, knowing he's getting on my nerves. I have very short patience, especially when I only get four hours of sleep.
     "You look like the type who has fun with girls," I say, striding closer to him. Reaching in front of me at him, I start fiddling with the buttons of his shirt. He looks down at me, his eyes a shade darker. "Stop pushing my buttons before I push yours. Trust me, you don't want that."
    "What will you do if I don't?" I smile mischievously, stepping closer to him. He towers over me by a lot, but I still feel in control...for now.
    "I'd put you on the bed, take those cuffs and make sure you couldn't move," I say, looking up at him through my lashes. My freehand makes its way towards his holster, grabbing his cuffs and keeping them at my side. I can tell I'm getting to him, which is exactly what I want. "Then I'd get on top of you and slit your fucking throat."
     The lustful look on his face fades, but not from his eyes. "Did you just threaten to assault a police officer."
     "It's not assaulting if you like it," I say, spinning his cuffs around on my finger. He grabs my wrist gently, taking the cuffs back. "You should make sure people can't just grab those."
    "I'm okay with you having them," he says flirtatiously. He gets me sick. "I'm sure you love them."
    "Not a fan of restraints," I say, a brief show of flashbacks playing in my head.
    "You never know, you might love them."

    AN: If y'all haven't noticed, I'm a FORESHADOWING GAWWDDDD!!! So figure it out (I tried to make it as obvious as possible, it shouldn't be hard (I'm looking at you, you know who you are.) I really hope you guys enjoyed!
     Question: What would you like to see happen? Do you like Alaric?
    Please check out my other stories, comment, vote, and share! Believe in yourself -Vaeh
    Enjoy 😉😉

) I really hope you guys enjoyed!      Question: What would you like to see happen? Do you like Alaric?     Please check out my other stories, comment, vote, and share! Believe in yourself -Vaeh     Enjoy 😉😉