•Got Her Good•

{•Edited•}
                            ~Bex's POV~

        Walking down the street, I was immediately able to recognize whose house it was and what kid it was for. Sneaking in shouldn't be much of a problem. Their 17-year-old son has had a thing for me for years and I might just give him a small taste if he lets me jump around for a while. Honestly, my mood is a lot better than it was. Sex is really the best healer, not time.
     "Have you talked to any of them?" He asks out of nowhere. We're closer to the house now, the music they're playing getting louder with every three or so steps. It doesn't surprise me that he's waiting until the very end to ask questions; I can't get out of them. With him actually, I bet I could, but there's no point in not talking to him.
     "No, my mom hasn't talked to my dad either," I tell him. "No matter what the police say though, they're gonna end up changing it anyway. You give them an 18-year sentence and they're usually out in no time." I look down at my hands, feeling my eyes burn again. "I'm scared it's not gonna be like that this time."
    "Trust me, if I got out with just two years because of who I know, then they'll be out too," he tells me. I always forget that he was inside for two years. We stop in front of the house, stopping and looking at each other as if to ask if we're sure about breaking a little boy's birthday party. Eventually, he just shrugs and tugs me along with him to their side gate that has decorative ribbon thrown on it.
Walking around the side of the house, the smell of food makes me nauseous. We sneak around the side, me sneaking into the jumper first. It feels weird to hunch over with a hard stomach in the way. Some of the kids look at me weirdly but don't say anything. They should teach their kids stranger danger better.
Zav is a lot less smooth with his entrance than I do. He lifts the front with his hands, hair falling out of place for the millionth time. The kids that just stared at me move away from him.
"Bex?" A deep voice calls out. I move to the front and poke my head out. Demarion, the son I was talking about earlier that has a thing for me, makes his way over. I pick my shirt up a little to cover my cleavage that doesn't seem to know boundaries right now. His eyes automatically go there, making me realize I could use this to my advantage. "What are you doing here?"
"I saw the jolly jumper and have been feeling down. You don't mind do you?" I ask, "accidentally" pulling my shirt further down with my hand. He swallows, nodding his head with a dazed expression.
"I don't care. H-have fun," he says, tearing his eyes away rim my chest and turning around. I turn back around and start jumping, thankfully not feeling pain. It feels uncomfortable and like there's a weight on my stomach. Zav smiles brightly at me, taking my hand.
I walk over to the corner and sit down, taking a deep breath. Not having done anything athletic in any form in months, I'm breathless just from jumping for a few minutes. He sits down beside me, his back against the net.
"Don't quit on me now," he says teasingly. I close my eyes, leaning my head back. "How do you feel other than entertained by my presence?" I chuckle, keeping my eyes close. My shoulder brushes against his, the thick fabric of his shirt is soft.
"Better than I did, but still not great," I tell him. His eyes soften, looking into mine. "Thank you for always being here for me. I don't know what I'd do. You always come and don't ask questions."
"I came immediately because I was scared. You don't leave someone like you alone when they're like this," he says. He's right, we spiral when we're alone. I swallow down the lump in my throat. He places his hand in my knee, making soft creases. "I don't want to see anything happen to you."
"I'm gonna be honest, I don't know how much more I can take. It feels-it feels like the world is pitch black, but the longer I'm in it it's getting darker, so I want to leave. See some light," I admit. That hand that was resting my knee moves to my stomach. The intensity of our eye contact is almost uncomfortable.
"You're apart of my family, we have our own family now, you have so much love around you. I love you, Bex, I'm not telling you if it's friendly or romantic because I'd look pathetic, but I do. No one has a heart like yours, you're what a person should be, seeing angels inside demons," he says, his words trailing off as he suddenly looks vulnerable. "None of us can lose you."
"I promise that you're stuck with me."
"Sounds perfect."
••••••