•The End•

{•Edited•}
                          ~Bex's POV~

      "Bexley?" Dr. Morgan says from her office door. I spin around from the computer screen, my brows raised in question. It's almost closing time, so I'm hoping she isn't gonna tell me she has a last-minute patient. "I need to speak with you." The smile on her face lets me know that nothing bad is to come. If something is serious she lets you know before she even speaks.
I get up from the chair and follow her into her office. Inside is decorated nicely, everything rose gold and white with some black mixed in. A large portrait of her family hangs on her fall; her wife and herself standing behind their three-year-old daughter and dog. It smells like a different candle in here every day; she has an obsession with Bath and Body Works candles.
"Remember that offer I said might be given to you?" She asks. The memory of our conversation last Friday pops back into mind. She said the doctor's office she works for was looking for nurses at a new hospital in Austin, Texas. "They want to give you the position if that is what you want. You would be paid about twice as much as you are here, sorry about that, and it'll be a good experience for you if you choose to work your way up."
The offer is amazing and I want to take it right on the spot, but can't. This is something I have to discuss with Atticus and our family. It would be a big move away from everything we know and our family. Who would Vina stay with? Would she come with me or stay with Zav? what would happen with Atticus's job? How would Vina feel about it?
    "I'll have to talk it through with my husband first," I tell her. She nods, grabbing a piece of paper on her desk and handing it to me. Two phone numbers are written messily in the center, one for the hospital's main office and the other for Dr. Mason.
    "They need an answer by the end of next week and would like for you to start working by the beginning of next month if you decide to take the spot," she tells me. The more information she gives me the more I dread going home. This conversion isn't going to go over well with Atticus.
    "Okay. I'll let you both know by then."
    •••••

        Walking through the front doors, I feel my chest tighten with anxiety. Atticus and mines relationship hasn't been the same recently. I feel like we're constantly walking on eggshells. Everything the other seems to do gets on our nerves. I can't remember the last time we slept together. He hardly talks to me, and when I try he ignores me. It's like I'm just living in the same house has a man I used to know.
     I still love him, but I love who he used to be. He used to be the reason I wanted to rush home. I loved him more than I love myself. But I feel all of that has changed.
     "Hey," I say, looking over at him in the living room. He turns around and gives me a small smile. The fact that it looks so fake hurts. I take my jacket off and walk over to the couch to sit beside him. He scouts over a few inches, arms crossed over his chest. "I need to talk to you about something important. Where's Vina?"
     "Upstairs in her room," he tells me. I nod, hoping her door is closed if this goes the way I'm expecting it to.
    "So a few days ago Dr. Morgan mentioned that I might be offered a position at a hospital as a nurse in Austin. S-she brought it up again today and said that I was offered it and they want an answer by next week," I tell him, trying to keep my voice steady. His brows tug together, lines forming between them.
      "What do you mean a position in Austin?" He asks, his tone angry. I now wish I kept my mouth shut.
     "It's a nursing position. I would be working with the patients in a hospital, not sorting files," I say proudly. I've worked so hard the last few years to get to this point. It's always been my goal to be a nurse and maybe a specialist in a certain field later on. I was hoping he would be proud of me.
    "Why the hell didn't you bring this up to me sooner?" He snaps, getting up from the couch. I close my eyes for a few seconds, taking a deep breath.
    "I didn't wait, I was just offered this today."
    "You said she brought it up a few days ago. You should have said something then, Bex," he says, his voice slowly rising. I hate the authority in it. I can feel my own anger starting to boil. It's less anger and more irritation, or a strong mix. My eyes start to water because I'm mad at myself for being mad at myself. I still can't handle fighting or yelling, especially the yelling. "Why would you even consider this?"
I look at him in disbelief. "Why would I even consider this?" "It's not a big deal, Atticus," I yell at him, tears slipping from my eyes. I don't know how much more of this I can take. He stays quiet, this time saying nothing. "Am I supposed to upset about my own success?"
"You are, but as a wife, you're supposed to talk it over a with me," he says, stabbing his finger in my direction. Oh, when I get my hands on that bread roller I'm going for the head and beating it in. "Plus, do you really think that this is a good time? Ou-Your daughter is about to start at a public school for the first time. She's around things she's familiar with. You can't just jump and move like nothing will be affected. What about my job? Your family? Her school and doctors? Why don't you just...take a break? With my new position, I make enough to support the three of us and-"
"I'm her mother, you seriously don't think I've thought this all through. I tried talking to you about it when she first brought it up and you know what you did? You went to sleep. Plus, at the time it was only mentioned, it wasn't an offer like it is now. The job was offered to me thirty minutes ago, which is why I'm bringing it up again! Do you understand how fucking selfish you're being?! And no, I won't take a break. I don't want to count on a man to be able to support me."
"Now you're just being stupid. That's not what I-"
"Don't call me stupid, I'm the smart one here." He scuffs.
"You're really starting to sound like someone else." My body is practically shaking with anger. I clasp my hands together to stop their shaking. "What else have you been keeping from me? Sleep with my brother when you bring Vina, there? You do seem to be spending a lot more time around him."
You've got to be kidding me.
    "So what if I spend time with him or do anything with him at this point, you couldn't care less! At least he looks at me the same way he always has, you don't pay any attention to me. So excuse me if I'm proud of myself for this offer and spend time with my daughter's dad." I'm finding that roller.
    I get up from the couch and head towards the kitchen, searching for that thing. I quickly find it laying on the counter. Grabbing it, I turn back around to see Atticus heading towards the stairs. I hurry over, nearly tripping over the carpet and hit him in the side with it. I don't hit him hard enough to break any bones, I'm not psycho or anything.
     He lowers himself down to the third step, holding his side with his eyes squeezed shut. I release a deep breath, satisfied with myself. I would go for another hit if I didn't feel he got hit hard enough.
    "What the hell?!"
    "You know you deserved that."
     ••••