•Betrayal•

{•Unedited•}
~Bex's POV~

This couldn't be more awkward. Zav is standing at my right side, while Atticus on my left. I'm laying on the examination table with my stomach exposed, the doctor rolling the tool around my stomach with some cold jell. My eyes are fixed on their screen, trying to focus on how they both look like they're on the verge of jumping at the screen.
"Okay, so if you look right here, you can see the baby very clearly. Its gonna be very small," the doctor says, zooming in with the mouse. "Now if you look in this area, you can clearly see that there is nothing, so you're having a girl." A smile lights up my face. I'm gonna have a daughter.
"Are you crying?" Atticus asks Zav shoes rubbing his eyes roughly. He looks down at me with a large smile.
"We're gonna have a little girl," he says, tears brimming his eyes. He bends down and kisses my forehead, his smile never fading. "Lord help us if she's anything like you." I smile, looking at Atticus now. His fingers lace with mine.
"You were right," I tell him. He shrugs, leaning down and kissing my forehead. My eyes automatically close at the contact.  The doctor takes a few pictures of the screen and hands me a rag to wipe the jell off with. He leaves the room shortly after with his clipboard in hand.
    "So what are you two doing tonight?" Zav asks, leaning against the wall with his knee bent. His arms cross over his chest, the first four buttons left undone to his black button down, exposing the art work done there.
    "I have to stay here for the night. My parents are having an anniversary party," I answer him. This is the first time in a while my parents are doing anything to celebrate how long they've been together, or more so, how long she's put up with him. It's odd to think that my dad has literally never had feelings for anyone other than her, but cute at the same time.
     "You going with her?" He asks Atticus. I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or serious. His expression is flat.
    "No, that wouldn't be smart of me to do," Atticus answers. I sit in the edge of the table, swinging my legs back and forth. There's a tension between them that none of have tried to ease.
    "Her dad liked me," he says.
    "You met him? Like formally?" As formally as it gets with my family. It never crossed my mind that telling him Zav met my dad while we were together was important. "T-that's nice." The door opens again and my doctor comes back in.
    "I have some pictures for you guys." Thank god. I want to get out here as soon as possible. I have no plans for the rest of the day and I couldn't be happier about it. My mom probably isn't home, but Don will most likely come over. Alaric is here as well, with her, and the two of them together are too much. He's already a lot on his own, mix in his mother and we have a circus.
    •••••

       "You burn any of that and I'm chopping your balls off," my dad tells Alaric, standing behind at the grill, watching closely at what he does. He takes his barbecuing very seriously. Alaric's shoulders are like walls, holding himself straight up in a way that looks uncomfortable.
     "He doesn't really need his balls anyways," I say, sitting down next to my mom on one of the  lounge chairs. He turns around and shoots me glare. I'm not sure if he ever came out to any one other than me, and I don't count because I've always knew. They have to have some suspicion that he doesn't have any interest in women, he's never had a girlfriend or even talks to girls. He's never even tried to make an effort with any of the women our family throws at him.
    "I would like to keep them intact. Thank you very much," he says, flipping me off over his shower before grabbing the spatula again. The wind isn't blowing too hard tonight and it's not cold to the point where we're all shivering. It feels good to be home.   
     "Why didn't you bring Zavian?" My dad asks, turning his attention to us. My mom chokes on her lemonade. This is the first time she's seen us interact in years without yelling down each other's throats. My mom wasn't even aware of my relationship with Zav as far as I knew.
    "Him and I broke up, we're still...navigating things though. Everything is still fine between us," I say. If you can tell, I haven't told them I'm pregnant. It's been on the tip of my tongue all day, but I keep biting it every time it tries slipping. I'm scared that it will ruin the growing relationship with my dad and I. Will he be mad and not talk to me again? Will my mom be disappointed? Alaric has thankfully been doing a very good job in not saying anything as well. It almost left him once when talking to his mom, but caught himself.
     "Too bad. He's a good guy," he says. I nod in agreement. Only my dad would say that about a guy like Zav. I rather this than someone whose judgmental.
    "I thought you loose weight when you're in college?" My Aunt Don says. This bitch as no filter. My cheeks turn red and my ears get hot. "Sorry, that was rude. You look amazing, Bex. It compliments your boobs." Yeah, because my boobs have gotten bigger with everything else. It's making my body look extremely unproportionate. My boobs are bit and my stomach has gotten larger and more round, but my butt hasn't changed at all, making it looks small. I don't have a huge problem with it, but what the hell. It's not fair.
    "N-no, I've gained weight. It's obvious," I say, deciding nows a good time. Alaric snaps around, his eyes wide. "I'm pregnant. Three months along. Today, I found out I'm having a girl." It's better to get most of their questions out of the way first. My mom looks up at my dad in shock, her mouth gaped open. Aunt Don grins, crossing her arms and sitting back. He must have told her.
    "Who's the dad?" My dad asks, looking nervous as hell for the answer.
    "Zav's, it happened before we broke up," I tell him. He visibly relaxes. My mom rests her hand in my knee, smiling brightly at me.
    "I'm so happy for you. You'll make a great mom," she says. "But what the actual hell is wrong with you getting pregnant at eighteen? I know I sound like a hypocrite, but still. You're an idiot just like your father."
   "What?" My dad says, only catching his name. She face palms herself.
   "Nothing, Hun."
   ••••••
                          ~Atticus's POV~