•Kick Some Cop Ass•

{•Unedited•}
                          ~Atticus POV~

    The last week and a half I've felt more myself than I have in a few weeks. I didn't realize how much Bex had an affect on my personality and mood until I had her back. It hasn't been long, but I genuinely think we can make it work this time. Mentally, I've worked with myself when it comes to understanding her. It hasn't much of actually seeing each other since she's started studying for her finals that are still two months away.
     "Asia, Yarden, Chelsey, and I are gonna go out tonight. You should come with us," Tobias says when we walk out of the station. It would seem appealing if Chelsey wasn't included. Walking past her, I always feel...violated.
    "I'm staying in with Bex tonight," I tell him. He throws his head back groaning. I wonder what the basis of his relationship with Alaric is. They're never together. Maybe it's purely sexual, and that's none of my business.
    "You two are back together? You said she got with your brother." Okay, maybe it wasn't my finest moment when I told him. When I found out about their relationship I called him and was practically screaming for twenty minutes.
     "She did," I say. Unlocking the truck, I open the door.
    "Bring her. The guys already think you're hiding her. Plus, I want to see a cat fight between her and Chelsey."
    "I'll think about it."
     ••••••

      "You can hardly see it. It's the smallest bump," I tell Bex as she looks at herself in the mirror, her shirt pulled up to expose her stomach. It's weird for me to think that there is an actual person, a human child, growing inside there; and my brother helped her create it. She's not handling the whole gaining weight side of pregnancy thing well.
   "What if I get super big and can't see my feet? How will I put shoes on? What-"
    "We will figure all that stuff out when we get to that point, but for right now, you have the smallest bump and it's adorable," I tell her. Her cheeks turn a light shade of pink. "Tobias invited the two do us out tonight if you want to go out. I understand if you want to just stay in bed and rest like we planned."  
     She moves her arms back to her sides, her shirt falling back down. I don't know how she'll feel about meeting my friends. They're nothing she would ever hang around, especially Chelsey. They've already met, and that didn't go down well.
    "The two of us?" I nod. "To meet your friends?"
    "Yeah, I think it's time I bring you a little further into my life. You already know Toby, but not the others. It could be fun," I tell her. She nods, turning towards me. With her shirt down you can't even tell there's a bump. I don't understand how she even found it.
    "Okay. I just need to change first."
    •••••

       "The shirt doesn't pull together a little more?" Atticus asks for the forth time when we get out of the truck at the bar and restaurant

       "The shirt doesn't pull together a little more?" Atticus asks for the forth time when we get out of the truck at the bar and restaurant. I could tell he didn't support my top when I came out of the bathroom wearing it, but he didn't say anything until he started driving. He must not have too much of a problem with it if he's not trying to cover me up. Honestly, I kind of wish he would with how cold the air is. I'm still getting used to it.
     "No. You should have told me if it was too revealing; I would have worn the one I was already wearing," I tell him. That shirt has been a plain, white t-shirt that desperately needs to be ironed.
    "No, you look beautiful. It is a little much, but if you feel uncomfortable in it that's all that matters," he tells me. I smile, looking down at myself briefly. He reaches down and laces his fingers with mine. I walk close at his side, inhaling the sent of his cologne and aftershave. 
     When we get in, the keyed scents of alcohol and food makes me nauseous. Tugging on my hand, he leads me into the bar area, walking to the back corner. Right off the bat, I can recognize Tobias and that-that bitch. I don't even remember her name.
     "Wow, he actually came and brought a girl along with him. Are pigs flying too?" One of the unfamiliar looking guys says. He's older, maybe in his mid-thirties, but keeps himself in good shape. His blue eyes are piercing.
   "Stop it, Yarden. It's nice to meet you, I'm Asia," a pale man with green eyes and red hair says. His name doesn't fit him at all. He extends his hand to me; I take it and shake it to be polite. I can feel Chelsey's eyes burning into my side. Atticus's hand is now pressing against the small of my back, making soft creases with his thumb.
     "I'm Bex," I say.
     "That's Yarden, and that's Chelsey," he says nicely pointing the two of them out. Atticus pulls me closer to his side.
    "We've met," Chelsey says. There's a hint of annoyance in her tone. She eyes me up and down, her expression disgusted. I want to laugh, not even knowing why. Maybe it's because of how foolish me makes herself look without knowing it. She's a pretty girl, one day she's going to end up reeling some desperate guy in and he's going to be spending the rest of his life in misery.
     "It's nice to see you again," I say, trying to keep it as friendly as possible. I don't want to come off as a bitch to the two new people. Tobias and Chelsey already know how I am. Being nice to her makes my throat burn.
    "Can't say the same," she mumbles. Bitch. I wrap my arm around Atticus's bicep, taking a deep breath to calm myself. I'm gonna be a ticking time bomb. "What case did you guys get out on?" She asks the new two guys, Asia and Yarden. They're all cops? I'm with a group of cops. Oh hell. Freaking. No. He should have warned me. I shouldn't of expected anything else, but my hopes were too high.
     "Nothing yet. We're still just on calls," the older man says. They must be partners. My heart is beating so fast in my chest it hurts. I look up at Atticus, he doesn't looks relaxed either. Everything in me is telling me to run for the door, but I can't do that to him. He's inviting me to his friends. This was like me inviting him to Connie and her family. I know how nerve racking it can me and I don't want to make it harder for him...in some ways. If one of them tests me I'm not holding back. Momma Ida didn't raise me to be a doormat.
"What about that case you two are working on?" She asks Atticus and Toby, gesturing to the both of them. Atticus looks like he's going to be sick. Tobias looks like a deer caught in headlights. What could they be working on.
"What are you working on?" Atticus asks his best friend. Does he not know they're working on the same thing?
"I-I was placed on the same job as you about a month ago. We have the situation handled for the most part now. Should be done in a few days or sooner," Tobias says, answering the both of them.
"You look really young. How old are you?" One of the guys, Yarden, says with a laugh. I highly doubt that if I was underage Atticus would be bringing me to meet his friends.
"Twenty," I lie. I see Atticus looks down at me. Never give them your actual information. "I've always been told I look older." Im happy he didn't correct me or whisper anything in my ear to question me about it. He's getting better at letting me be myself, learning to deal with me the right way.
"Sorry, it must just be because he looks fifty with that hair line." Usually I would laugh at a joke like that, but there is no way in hell I'm laughing around a cop that's not my boyfriend. He shouldn't be talking about age, he looks like he's gonna start loosing those good looks sometime soon. "You look super familiar too. You're not from around here?"
I take in a deep breath. "No, but I get that a lot. I look like my dad and he has one of those faces that looks like other people's." He sets his beer down.
"Maybe I know your father." My jaw clenches.
"I don't think so." Chelsey looks back at me again. Atticus taps my back, pulling out a chair for me. I quietly thank him, sitting down. My eyes focus on the ground so I can avoid looking at any of them. Am I being too shady?
"I'm dying to know after our first meeting. How did you grow up? What are your parents like?" She asks. I can feel my anger rising, almost reaching its boiling point. Mentally, I keep repeating to myself that I got this, that I don't have the insane urge to knock her in the head with that Corona bottle, but I do. I really really really do.
"I grew up in a small, but very close family and town. I didn't have a great relationship with my dad until recently. My mom is just...my mom," I say, keeping up the polite act that best I can. I'm honestly proud of kept it for this long. I felt it slipping away for a few seconds with that douchebag. I've always loved that when it comes to my mom, she isn't like the rest of my family. I can go on and on about her for hours, but not in the same way that I can about my dad or Castel. She's always stayed the same amazing, innocent, good person.
Yarden grabs one of the closed beers that's on the bar next to them, trying to hand it to me. I shake my head, forcing a smile. "Come on. Don't be a party pooper," he say, waving the beer in front of my face. Is this man not aware of the fact that I said I'm only twenty and he's trying to give me alcohol? I shake my head, trying to remain polite. "You pregnant or something?" He asks, causing everyone except Atticus and I to laugh. The Chelsey girl tilts her head at me, waiting for my answer. Oh, I'm about to knock you out of your slimy socks, bitch.
"Yeah actually," I say. The laughing stops. Atticus looks at the floor with wide eyes. They pushed me to this point, I'm gonna say what I want.
"W-with his baby?" She asks, pointing to Atticus.
"Yeah," I lie, waiting patiently for her reaction. I'm dying to see this. Tobias chokes on his beer as the others gasp. I love making people uncomfortable. She releases a deep breath, looking at Atticus with her brows pulled together. Her feeling towards the pregnancy are loud and clear. I couldn't really give less fucks about what she thinks about it.
"You seriously knocked her up of all people? She's a fucking bitch," Chelsey says, her fists clenching on her lap. Atticus finally looks up from staring at the ground for thirty minutes. I was starting to wonder if I should be concerned he permanently zoned out.
"You don't know anything about the situation," he tells her. Really, you have no idea. She looks past him to me. My eyes narrow as I give her a wicked grin, all that "don't throw the Corona bottle" at her head shit is now gone from my mind. That wouldn't be the smartest thing in the world to do though to a cop and around cops.
"No, but I know she's bitch."
"I take pride in that title. It's no longer an insult, but helps my ego," I comment. He looks at me, warning in his eyes. I decide to pick my battles and this isn't one I want to fight in.
"She's not a bitch," he tells her. Are you sure about that, big guy? "You don't know anything about her from the few minutes you two had outside the station. I'm sure you two could get along great, if you both put in the effort." I pregnant, I'm putting no effort into anything. Effort means work, and I'm tired. No new friends for me, I'm good with my small circle.
"Can't be friends with someone who looks at your man like he's naked," I say under my breath. These people must have bar ears, because they hear everything. Her cheeks glow red with embarrassment.
"This is a cat fight, if love to see happen," Yarden says. Asia slaps his shoulder, shaking his head disappointedly. I feel bad he's stick with such a shithead for a partner, he seems sweet.
"I need to excuse myself," I tell them, getting down from the seat. Atticus's eyes follow me as I walk pass them to the door. I'm thankful for the cold air when I'm outside. I can't tell if I got so hot in there from being angry or how many people there were cramped into one space.
I lean against Atticus's truck, running my hands over my face. Why couldn't I have chosen to be with someone who wasn't so complicated? ...because I'm me, that's why. The doors swing open and Atticus walks out with his hands tucked into his front pockets. He looks good when he walks like that...is that a weird thought?
    "I'm sorry, but if I didn't leave that table I was going to kick some cop ass," I say, running my hands through my hair before he can actually reach me, but is in hearing range. I'm tired. Why am I suddenly so tired?
    "You couldn't kick his ass. He's like a hundred pounds more than you, three heads taller, with muscle." I cross my arms, leaning against the truck.
    "Don't underestimate me. I could have him on his ass so fucking fast. I'd make it looks like a bloody accident. Make damn sure they can't find THIS body." He chews on the inside of his cheek to suppress a smile. Is he actually trying not to smile at one of my inappropriate, murder jokes? Pigs must be fucking flying somewhere.
    "And Chelsey, she's just the way she is. I have no interest in her," he says. I cock a brow. "I may have in the very beginning and had a few flings with her, but that's it and it was nothing but sex. She was something I could use to keep me from drinking."
   "That's fucked up, bro."
   ••••••

       "That was the least Bex I've ever seen you," he says, laying down on his stomach on the bed. It sounds bad, but it feels good to be back in his bed rather than Zav's. This feels right. I put my head down in embarrassment. "I was expecting you to crack two minute in. Yarden can be a lit or handle."
    "You said you wanted me to go out with you to meet some of your friends. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't just a group of cops. You have to understand that if I even hear cop sirens coming from a TV and don't know where it's coming from, I'm coming up with a lie and an escape plan."
    "You're not a criminal, Bex."
    "I killed a man, remember? His body was found. Still haven't found the killer."
     "Well there's that." The corners of my mouth go up quickly before returning to their natural state. It was a good day for everything other than meeting his ride friends. Tobias is okay, but I have my eyes in him. He doesn't seem right. I won't tell Alaric that because I can tell how happy he is.
      "So you slept with her...in this bed? Where I'm laying right now at this very moment?" Even his ears turn red at this one. My brows raise, waiting to hear him answer. My eyes narrow. He swallows thickly, licking his lips nervously. "Y-yeah, but it's also where I've slept with you a lot of times. Far more times than with her. Is that even helping my case?"
    "No, you need to to shit up because you're making it worse," I say with a laugh. His shoulders relax. I bring myself up onto my knees. He looks up at me, his face directly in front of my crotch.
     "You trying to tell me something?" He teases. I nod, brushing my hair to my back. He sits up, grabbing me at my waist. His rough hands run down my sides and wrap around my thighs, gripping my ass gently. Moving my head to the side, he takes advantage of the position, pressing his lips to my neck. My head falls back, gripping his broad shoulders. A yelp leaves my mouth as his fingers rub between my legs through my underwear. My lips part, quiet moans escaping me.
      I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of concerned about how our sex life will be now that I have...well, had "experiences." I wouldn't be surprised if Zav fucking broke me down there, making it so no other man can compare. I really hope that's not the case; that would suck and be very awkward to explain.
      I pull up his shirt until he grabs hold of the hem and tugs it over his head. I reach behind me and unclasp my bra, letting the straps fall down my arms. Turning my attention back to him, my hands immediately, get to work undoing his belt and jeans. Soon, we're stripped from our clothes and I'm laying under him.
      "You look nervous. Why?" He asks. Because I'm scared your brother ruined me for other men.
    "I'm not," I say. My legs wrap around his waist, feeling his erection press against me. He tugs on my lip before letting it go with his teeth. A whimper leaves my lips as he pushes inside, hands holding me at my hips. It feels good, not as good as it did...before, but still very good. One of my hands runs over his shoulders while the other runs through his hair. My breaths are now more ragged and loud.
     The emotional intimacy in this moment is what's mostly doing it for me. Gosh damn it. Again, it doesn't feel bad, just not enough to where I'm going to be able to orgasm. Maybe after a few times of getting used to it, but not now. Thankfully, the pleasure that I do get feels amazing.
      Feeling him twitch inside me, I start moaning louder in purpose, knowing he's getting close. My acting skills better come through right now. Purposefully digging my nails into his back, I call out his name, faking my orgasm. His grip on me tightens as he reaches his climax as well. I take exaggerated breaths, looking up at the ceiling before closing my eyes.
     "You faked it, didn't you?" He says breathlessly, looking down at me in confusion. I repeatedly this vote down on the side of my tongue gently out of anxiousness. I thought my acting had been Emmy worthy.
     "No," I lie. He rolls his eyes. "Okay, listen man, it was great and all, it felt good, but it's going to take me some getting used to again."
    "Why?"
    "Trust me, you don't want that answer."

     AN: Yes Momma Ida raises a bad bitch 😂😂 I love Bex so much in this chapter. Things are about to get tense again, so hold on again 😈 Song above doesn't have anything to do with the story, just gives me MAJOR Bex vibes and it's a good song 👌🏼I really hope you guys enjoyed!
     Question: What would you like to see happen?

 Things are about to get tense again, so hold on again 😈 Song above doesn't have anything to do with the story, just gives me MAJOR Bex vibes and it's a good song 👌🏼I really hope you guys enjoyed!      Question: What would you like to see happen?