•Anything•

{•Unedited•}
                          ~Bex's POV~

         Sitting in front of the unbreakable clear glass, my stomach starts to churn. My nerves haven't settled since I got out of the car. My mom was supposed to come with me to visit my dad, Castel, and Alaric, but she caught the stomach flu from my Aunt Don. She came and seen Alaric yesterday as soon as she seen he was available for visiting.
     The doors on the other side of the floor open and a line of prisoners dressed in the same light blue jumpsuits walk out with cuffs on their wrists. When Alaric's eyes meet mine and I seen no light in them I know it's bad. I swallow down my nerves and straighten up. The officer behind him pulls out the chair and he sits down, grabbing the phone with his cuffed hands and holding it to his ear. I grab mine as well, my hand shaking violently.
     "I'm happy you came," he says. Did he think I wouldn't? The last two weeks I've been a mess thinking about him and all that he could have done the last few weeks of school because of how much he loved it before.
      "Of course. I asked a few days after you got in if you would be able to get mail yet and they not until you have your official sentence, so I haven't been able to do anything," I say. He nods, looking down. His whole personality is drawn down a million notches from how it normally is. I've seen this happen before with his manics. When he comes down, he comes real down. When they first started, he would lock himself in his room for weeks at a time, hardly eating or drinking anything and refusing to take his medication.  
      "How is everyone?" He asks, his voice raspy. My eyes burn.
    "We're fine, but don't worry about us. You don't...you don't look good at all," I say. He doesn't say anything, but his grip on the phone tightens. "Do they know about your health?" He nods, looking off to the side. Now that I think about it, he hasn't looked at me this whole time. "Are they doing anything to help?"
   "No," he answers. Intense, taking in a deep breath. My jaw clenches with anger. I get it, they're prisoners, but they don't need to be treated as such when it comes to their health. "I told them about the medication, but they just ignore me and say I'm seeking drugs."
      My chest aches. Whoever is handling the medical department here needs to be socked. They don't know what he's capable of doing to himself because of it. His mind doesn't function as it normally does when he's in this headspace.
    "I'm not gonna lie to you, I can't handle being in here," he says. I take a deep breath, my shoulders slumping. "Your dad and Castel are different than me. I-I tried tying the sheet around my neck."  I had a feeling. You can see the faint line around his neck that's blistered.
     Tears well up in my eyes. I hate that I can't hug him or give him some kind of comfort. Physical comfort is best for him; I can't do none of that shit. He's behind a glass; I'm speaking to him through a phone, yet I can see him.
    "You don't be a pussy in here," I tell him, looking to the guard in the corner next to the door. "You do what you have to. And I mean anything. Anything, Alaric." He nods, biting down on his lip. The guard on the other side yells something and they all look back at him for a second.
    "I have to go, but please tell my mom I love her. I seen her yesterday, but she left bawling her eyes out," he says, his voice thick with emotion. He knows better than to let himself cry in here.
   "I will. I love you."
   "I love you too."
   •••••

        "Sight for sore eyes,"  Castel says, leaning on his elbows. He leans back in the chair comfortably, his body language completely different to how Alaric's was. He seems to have no problem with his current situation. "You see Alaric?" Why are they trying to start conversations with me? I'm supposed to ask them the questions.
    "Yeah, he's not doing good," I say. He nods, pressing his lips together. "What's going on with you? How are you doing?" He shrugs, releasing a deep breath. Alaric wasn't kidding when he said he wasn't like Castel and my dad.
    "I'm okay, not great, but I'm getting through just fine. Your dad and I are cells across from each other so that makes things a little easier. We're still trying to find someone dirty in here to get our message to Sinith." Sinith, the man who can free these three idiots.
     "That shouldn't too hard," I say. He cocks a brow. "This place has good cops?"
    "Most of them are clean. The ones we have caught aren't up for the job," he tells me. When I get back tell my mom all this she's going to disappointed. For most people, they hope cops are clean, we need them to be dirty. He looks over at the clock hanging on his side. "You should go visit your dad before it's eight."
    I nod, not wanting to leave. I don't know when the next time I'll be able to talk to him is. "Promise you're okay?" I ask. He gives me a soft smile.
    "Pinky promise, Bexy."
   •••••