•Don't Trust Him•

{•Unedited•}
~Bex's POV~

When I get in the room, Marissa is pacing back with her hand up to her mouth, chewing on her nails. I keep telling she needs to stop doing that. She jumps when she hears the click shut. Her blue eyes widen. I wonder why she has blue and both her brothers have green. Hers don't even have the smallest hint of green in them, just pure blue.
"What are you doing here?" She asks, letting her arm fall to her side. Her eyes dart over to her bed numerous times as I just stare at her in confusion. When she sees me take a step towards it she wastes no time is throwing herself onto her bed, covering the phone with her body.
"What's going on?" I ask, moving my hair out of my face. She sits up, holding the phone in her right hand to keep it away from me.
"Nothing," she says, clearly lying. She doesn't look people in the eye when she lies. Still, she looks down at her phone. Anxiety is written all over her face.
"Come on. Are you talking to someone?" I ask. She nods tensely, finally looking at me. Why would she have a problem with me knowing she's talking to a boy? It would explain her constant running errands the last few weeks if she was seeing someone. The days she would be out she would be gone until the late out of the night. Atticus noticed the new behavior too but decided it was best for him to keep his nose out of her business, saying something about how being protective with her has already gotten him into enough trouble.
"Remember the night at the club?" She asks. My whole body tenses at the mention of that night. I don't think I'll ever even be able to pass by that place anymore. I nod, pushing back the sick feeling that rose in my throat. "That guy I danced with when you talked to that guy gave his number and we started talking. We've been seeing each other the past few weeks."
I didn't have enough time that night to see who Pablo was with, just that he had people with him. Anyone who hung around him aren't good people, they knew everything he did and never once did or said anything, and I'm not talking about only the rape. He kept his circle close due to his ways, so the ones who knew him knew him well.
"And what did he say?" I ask, gesturing to the phone, trying to keep my voice normal. She looks down at it, sighing. I want to tell her not to talk to him, to run as far away from him as she can, but that'll only lead to questions.
"He asked me if I wanted to make things official," she says. "I don't know what to say. I've been looking at the message for the past thirty minutes." I know she's expecting me to give her advise on what to do, but I don't. I can't support her being someone I know is possible of harming her.
"I don't think you should do it," I say. Her brows raise. "He's not a great person. He's cheated on almost every girl he's had and is a straight douchebag. Your brother would die if you seen someone like that."
She keeps her eyes on the screen. "I'll think about it. Thanks," she says. I get up and set my things on my bed. My phone vibrates in my pocket.
Zav: Wanna come to dinner with me tonight? I'm not gonna be in town for a while after today :)
I stare out the window, thinking of how to reply. Atticus wasn't happy the last time I hung out with Zav, it just resulted in us getting into a fight. But this time I won't be doing anything wrong, it's just a dinner. Plus, I could use a calm night out with a friend after all the shit I've been through this month.
Me: Yeah. Just give me a time.
Right after I send that message I get a call from Atticus. My eyes widen, finding it weird that as soon as I send that he calls me. Maybe it's a sign that I shouldn't go. No, I'm going. He can't control who I hang out with.
"Hello?" I ask when I answer, sitting down. My legs immediately feel lighter when they're levitated from the ground, having been on them all day walking from class to class. I've thought about changing some of my classes around so I don't use to walk so far to each one, but keep forgetting and sometimes I enjoy the walk.
"Hey," he says. "Are you doing anything tonight?" He asks. It's a question I would usually say no to even if I had plans, but looking over at Marissa I don't think that's the best thing. If I'm around him, it's gonna end up leaving me that she's seeing him.
    "Yeah, actually," I say, laying down. "Zav asked me to dinner, so I told him I'd go."
    "Zav?" He asks, his whole voice changing. I roll my eyes. I don't understand why he gets so insecure when it comes to his brother, him and I are only friends and I've repetitively told him so.
    "Yeah, that's okay right?" I ask, knowing he won't say no. If he were to say no it would make him sound like he's jealous or insecure.
   "Y-Yeah," he says, clearly not okay with it. "Just call me tonight."
     "I will."
•••••
                      ~Atticus's POV~