•Blinded•

{•Unedited•}
                          ~Atticus's POV~

         "I heard what happened," Chelsey says, her hands rested in her notes. This is the last thing I want to talk about today. Bex already tried this morning and I wasn't having it then either. You would not believe how confused I was when I woke up with her on my lap. It felt like it was a dream, but I knew I wasn't sleeping.
      "Yeah," is all I say, crossing my arms. She nods awkwardly. Lately our conversations have gotten shorter and more awkward. Maybe because of my obvious lack of interest in her.  All I want is to go home and think about anything other than this.
    "Did he try contact-"
    "No, Chelsey, he didn't try contacting me," I say, walking backwards towards the door. "I'll see you tomorrow. Have a nice rest of your night." Maybe I was a little to hard, but she wouldn't of shut up any other way.
    I've grown more accustomed to the cold by now. I used to love the cold as a kid. It meant I was in school, hardly at home, not around my dad. Everything is reminding me of that piece of shit now. My phone dings in my hand as soon as I get in the truck.
    Bex: In at your place to check on your dumbass. When are you off?
     The fact that she's there makes me happy. I can hardly remember anything from last night, but I do remember what she said. She's pregnant with Zav's baby. It makes me feel sick. Do I believe that I should be in his place? I don't know, but it's a question I'm asking myself.
     Me: Okay. Ten minutes.
  •••••
                          ~Bex's POV~

     "Sorry, I wasn't here," Atticus says, setting his keys on the counter. When I got here I was hoping this could be a really quick in and out conversation about how he's feeling and what's going on with his dad. This morning couldn't have been more awkward when he hardly remembered what happened last night. I tried talking to him this morning, but he just brushed me off.
    "It's okay," I say, rubbing my hands in my legs. "I just wanted to know how you were. You weren't very talkative this morning." He sighs, coming over and sitting next to me. I wish he wouldn't have  say so close. His body heat radiates off of him.
    "I'm still angry as hell," he says. "But now because I drank too." I knew when it wore off he was going to beat himself up because of it. He had a moment of weakness, it's understandable due to the circumstances.
      "It's okay, everyone relapses at least once," I tell him, rubbing his arm. He forces a smile. "Have you told Marissa?" I ask him. He shakes his head. "You need to."
    "No, I don't," he says, his tone changing. He's stupid if he actually thinks that.
    "Last night you said that before he got arrested he tried attacking Marissa. She deserves to know that he's out." He gets up, getting irritated quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a killer hangover.
    "Please Bex, don't stick your nose in this," he says, running his hands over his face. How am I sticking my nose in something he brought me into? "You should be worrying about what you're going to do with that baby." Excuse me?
    "What do you mean? I'm keeping it," I tell him. He scoffs, shaking his head. There's no way I'm having this kind of conversation with him. He has no right to "stick his nose" in this. He's not going to try and tell me what I should do with my kid.
    "You can't keep it, Bex," he says. My eyes widen. "Zav works with the damn cartel, you want to bring a kid into that shit? What about you? You're still a student. A child needs someone who can be present unless-"
    "I only had one present parent half the time," I say, getting up, having enough of this conversation already. "My mom had me while she was a student. My dad was a gang member. You trying to say that if a kid comes up in the environment that they're bound to be fucked up?"
    "Not all the time," he says. "You're apart of the lucky few. But this my brother, he's-he's-"
   "Just stop," I say, feeling a lump grow in my throat. "You don't get to tell me what to do with this. If I think I can handle it, I can. You act like you would be any different in this situation."
   "I would," he says. I roll my eyes. "You have to be smart."
    "I'm not the one making all the fucking mistakes recently, am I? That's you," I tell him. "I'm happy with Zav, he treats me better than you ever did, he actually takes the time to listen to me and understands. Don't try talking about my relationship or what we do with our kid."
     Turning around to go towards the door, I only get a few steps in before he grabs my arm, yanking me back. His grip has to be at least half his strength. I make sure not to move my arm, knowing something will likely snap. Tears spring into my eyes from the pain.
    "Atticus," I say, my voice shaking. His jaw is clenched angrily, looking at me with angry eyes. "Let go," I say softer. He's not thinking clearly, he's not thinking of anything other than what's making him angry.
   "I-" his words trail off into nowhere. His grip slowly loosens, letting my arm fall to my side. His handprint is left in its wake, the skin red where he was grabbing. "Bex, I-"
   I release a deep breath, stepping back from him. "It's okay."
    "I'm sorry-"
    "S-stop talking." His mouth clamps shut. "I'm going to leave, you're going to let me leave, please." He doesn't say anything, just nods. I reach down to the couch and grab my bag, almost having forgotten it the first time. "Goodbye."

    AN: I really hope you guys enjoyed!
     Question: What do you think will happen with them?

    AN: I really hope you guys enjoyed!      Question: What do you think will happen with them?