•Awe Fuck•

{•Unedited•}
~Atticus's POV~

"How's your morning?" I ask, pulling up a chair next to Chelsey's desk. We haven't talked since I started working with Sheriff. Every time I walk in here in the mornings, I catch her looking at me but just watches me walk pass. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't talk to me.
    "I still haven't woken up. Yours?" She asks, looking at me tiredly. Her blue eyes are brighter against the red that has come from the lack of sleep. I take in the sight of her light brown hair, the way some strands fall in front of her face from the rest that stays in the back. Her lashes fan out, long and curled naturally. Her skin looks to have light makeup, but nothing dramatic.
     "Same," I say, taking a sip of my coffee. I couldn't sleep for more than an hour or two last night. My dreams consisted of me either beating the hell out of my brother or fucking Bex. Both felt too real, so I eventually gave up on sleep.
    "What have you been working on with the Sheriff?" She asks, turning her entire chair towards me know. I'm happy she's not mad at me for ignoring her the past few weeks. She's such a nice girl, I feel bad for playing with her feelings for so long.
   "Some gang related shit," I tell her. "I have special access so he's using me." She nods, placing her chin in her hand. As soon as neither of are talking my thoughts go back to where they've been. I can't get this girl out of my damn mind. I'm almost convinced she may have done some witchy voodoo to make this happen.
     She's going out with him tonight again and I did nothing to stop this from happening when I had the chance. I could have told Bex how I felt and worked something out, but I couldn't do it. Now I'm here wondering what will happen after there date. He made his intentions with her very clear when saying how long it's been since he's had sex. My chest tightens with jealousy as I think of them together.
     Maybe if I see another girl, even for just one night, I'll be able to get her off my mind. If I could get my mind cleared of Bex for just five minutes I'd take it.
    "Are you doing anything tonight?" I ask, grinning at her. She sighs, looking down at the papers in front of her. "I promise it won't end like last time." I still feel terrible about that. She looks up at me through her lashes with a small smile that slowly grows.
    "I'm free tonight."
    •••••••

    "I think it's bullshit," Marissa says, searching through her old room which is practically empty from moving the majority of her belongings out and into her dorm. "Chelsey is a bitch that just wants to hop on your dick."
    "That's a bad thing?" She shoots a glare my way. I wasn't going to tell her anything, but when she showed up saying she was going to probably be here all day and night I had no choice. "Didn't you say how it's about time I got a girlfriend?"
     "Yeah, but not with her. What happened with Bex?"
    "SHE hopped on my dick." Actually, I started what happened there, but I'm blaming her for pushing me there. "Her and I went on one date and it was awkward." Amazing. "I don't like her like that." Yes, I do.
     She sets a few other shirts on the bed. "You're serious? She clearly likes you and you're just too damn stupid to see it. Get your head out of your ass." She's right, I can tell now by how Bex's attitude has changed towards me, but I'm terrified to let anything happen. What's between her and I was meant to be strictly professional, even without her knowledge, and I fucked it up.
    I don't trust myself to be in a relationship after what happened with Liv. That night was a drunk blur, but I know exactly what happened; what I did. I can still remember the look of terror in her eyes when I hit her. I never seen her after that day, she left before I got back. I tried calling and texting for us to talk, but she ignored it all. Looking back, I'm happy she did because my drinking didn't stop for a few months after.
     "She's seeing Zav anyways. They seem to be hitting it off," I tell her, leaning against the door with my arms crossed over my chest. "She could be good for him."
    "But she's better for you," she mumble, side eyeing me. "She puts your ass in line which is what you need. She's not the type to let you walk over her, she's clearly a good listener since everything I try to tell her about you she already knows. But here you are, going for a girl who got divorced after two weeks."
     Knowing she's right, I do consider canceling, but then that leads me to how awkward it'll be tomorrow when I go to work. If she worked in the back it would be fine, but she's the first face you see when you walk in. I can't see anything serious coming out of this, so what's the real harm? Nothing. I think I've done more harm with Bex and no one even knows.
     ••••••