•Don't Be Gentle•

{•Unedited•}
    Here, get it over with already TheOfficialHolyWater ...Enjou 😌
                            ~Bex's POV~

         "You're two hours late," I tell Zav, closing the door as gently as possible to keep it from slamming shut. He stops next to the couch, looking around the space. We haven't seen each other much since...well our wedding. The way he looks now breaks my heart.
    His hair is done, but you can tell he didn't try very hard. His t-shirt is two sizes two big and his body is a hell of a lot skinnier. If I hadn't seen this before I would think he was sick or something.
    Stepping up to him, I grip his jaw and force him to look me in the eyes. His pimples are so small they're almost nonexistent. "My daughter is not leaving with you." I don't want to accuse him of anything, her if I even have the smallest suspicion that he's using drugs I'm now letting her go anywhere with him. 
    "It's the law. You can't keep me from seeing my kid," he objects, crossing his arms. Unusually that would make me think dirty thoughts, but it's just making me notice how much weight he's lost.
   "Do not use the law card. If you're like this I can't trust that you'll watch her properly," I say, forcing my voice to stay indoor he doesn't even need to ask me to know that I know he's using. "She's not feeling good anyways."
"You were blowing up my phone twenty minutes ago to know when I would "have my ass over here". I can handle her even if I'm sick, she's my daughter," he says. It hurts me to not want her leaving with him. In her earlier years she was attacked to him at the hip during the day. He was the best dad in the world to her.
"I just don't think it's a good idea. You're obviously screwed up right now. What is it? Heroine? How much did you do? How long?" His fists clenched at his fingers, fingers wiggling in place. My stomach turns, making me feel sick. This isn't the same man I was going to spend the rest of my life with. "If you aren't going to answer anything you need to leave. You can see her when you decide to clean your act up."
Looking towards the stairs, I hear Atticus talking to Vina in her room. He's making sure she has everything ready, but there's no way she's leaving that door with him.
"You can't keep me from seeing my own fucking child, Bexley." I flinch at his tone, not expecting it from him. He takes deep breaths, closing his eyes as he puts his head down. "I-I'm sorry. Just at least let me see her."
"No," I tell him even though it hurts. "I don't want her seeing you like this. She shouldn't seen you like this." He nods, blowing out a breath. "You should leave before Atticus comes down."
"What's he gonna do? Arrest me?"
"Well you are under the influence of a controlled substance," I remind him, crossing my arms over my chest.
"So you were you for a while." My brows pinch together. I've never taken drugs...okay...that was different. "Come on you wouldn't put my dick on the controlled substance list?"
"Get out." This time he doesn't argue, just turns towards the door. My arms fall to my sides, sighing loudly. The door shuts quietly behind him. I run my hands down my face before walking up the stairs. Just like I thought, Atticus is in Vina's room helping her tie her shoes.
"You know I didn't even do this to your mom when I asked her to marry me," he says, gesturing her to the way he's on one knee, her foot on it as he works with the laces. "So you must be really special." She smiles, taking her foot back. He stands up, turning around to me.
"Was I not special enough to get down on one knee?"
"The way I asked wasn't exactly in a traditional setting..."

Night of proposal:
"Fuck," I moan loudly, holding onto his shoulders as he thrusts into me. His muscles in his body visibly flex, pulling me closer to the edge.
"Marry me," he says, hitting the right spot. My back arches in pleasure.
"YES!" I call out, squeezing my eyes shit. My nails big into his biceps, my chest presses tightly against his.
"Really?"
"Yes yes yes!" I clench around him as I cum, my legs shaking around his waist. My heels press hard into the dimples of his back.
"Did you get a word I said?"
"Not really."

"That was your fault, you dumbass," I say, slapping his arm playfully. Vina cocks a brow at me for cussing. I forgot how much she hates it. I have the mouth of a sailor, so does everyone else who comes in and out of here, and she hates every bit of it. I try cleaning up my language, but she has to get on my ass sometimes.
"Where's my brother? I thought I heard him," he says. I shake my head at him, my eyes wide to let him know not to talk about it in front of her. "We'll be back," he tells her. He laces his fingers with mine, pulling me out of the room and into ours.
"I have a question," I say, rubbing my hands together anxiously. "Does Zav have a history of drug use?" With no hesitation he nods his head.
"That's part of why he went to prison for two years," he says. I forgot about him mentioning that when he listed everything off. At the time I made a joke about that being hot, but now that he's a dad it's just plane stupid and immature. Crazy how having kids can change so much.
"Weeeeelllll...."
"He's using again?" He doesn't even sound surprised. I nod, my eyes starting to water. At first I was angry, now I'm sad. He has so much to lose now, a whole family, and he would rather use. I don't believe that the fact that he's a dad didn't cross a mind before he did it again, he's old enough to know what he's risking. "This is just how he works. He uses, stops for a while and you think he's done, but the he goes and up again. It's a cycle."
"Well the cycle needs to end; he's the father of a five year old who needs him in her life. She has you, yes, but...I don't want to see something happen to him," I tell him. I try to refrain from talking about Zav with him, knowing his insecurities, but sometimes it comes out.
"I know, but there is nothing we can do unless he wants to help himself," he says. I know, I've seen that first hand with many people. I've also seen it end a lot of people I was close to. "I would talk to him, but let's be honest, that would do more bad than good. The best we can do if just be there for him."
As much as I hate it, I know he's right. I wrap my arms around his torso, resting my chin on his chest while looking up at him.
"I'm sorry we couldn't do anything," I say. Today is the anniversary of the day we first met. That has been an interesting day; I would have never thought we would be where we are now. 
    "We can still do something," he tells me. "You just do what you were going to do to before all this shit and try to forget about it for now."
    "I love you so much."
    "I love you too."
    ••••
                     ~Atticus's POV~