•Understanding•

{•Unedited•}
                        ~Atticus's POV~

        After my brothers little goose chase, there was no trace of fatigue left in me. There was no longer an excuse keeping me from going over to the dorms when I was close on the way home and the doors haven't locked yet. I'm only a ew doors down from theirs when I feel my heart start beating faster.  
     Once close enough to the room, I can hear laughing and talking. I'm surprised to hear that since yesterday it was dead silence it didn't seem like that would change any time soon. Maybe Marissa is trying something to cheer Bex up like she would to people when she was younger; she never really stopped doing it.
    I knock on the door, trying not to be as loud as usual. Marissa has told me a few times that when she leaves in the morning the people next to them complain about it. The door swings open, revealing a smiley faced Bex. Her smile immediately fades when she sees me, looking more like she wants to throw up.
     Behind her I catch a quick glimpse of Zav before he mumbles a curse word. I push pass her gently, making sure not to bump into too hard. Zav stops dead in his tracks, eyes wide. Bex closes the door, pressing her back against it once closed. Her hair is thrown up in a bun that doesn't do the justice of holding all her hair. Her sleep attire brings out her curves, her sleep shorts hugging into her hips and blue tank top grasping onto her breasts.
     "What the hell are you doing here?" I ask. He shrugs, relaxing. "You just led a pursuit and now you're here? What if the cops were to see your license plate and come in here looking for you?"
    "I mean, you're a cop. You didn't see my license plate, but you did come in here," he says, using that smartass voice of his. Bex stays quiet in the corner, chewing on the inside of her cheek. Her eyes lock with mine before moving over to him.
    "Would one of you like to tell me why you're here?" Silence. She wraps her arms tighter around herself, looking up at the ceiling. Suddenly, it hits me. "Please don't tell me she was with you in the car."
    "Finally, you use your brain," he says, clapping a hand on my shoulder. I look back at her in disbelief. I leave and she turns to my brother; is that how this is going to be?
      ••••••
                          ~Bex's POV~

      "You could have hurt her or someone else!" Atticus yells at his brother, making me feel extremely awkward when he points at me. Making my way to the bed and sitting, I swing my legs back and forth nervously, keeping my head down.
    "I didn't though," Zav says. "She's in one piece, don't worry." The tone is his voice is what's gonna get his ass beat if he continues being a smartass with him. I don't want to what causes them to fight, especially have them do it in front of me.
   "I can fucking see that, which your god damn lucky cause I'd fucking kill you if anything happened while she was with you ," he says. Where is Marissa? Can she just...walk in and stop this?
    "Dude, I was trying to help her which is more than I can say for your dumbass," he says. He's not wrong...asshole. Atticus squints his eyes at Zav, then looks down at me.
   "Are you two high too?" Zav and I lock eyes. He fights off the urge to laugh.
   "That actually wasn't me. It was her idea," he says, pointing childishly at me. "You see, she actually did worse to me. I just took for her for a little ride, she put a DRUG IN MY SYSTEM!" Fuck! That's when I break and start laughing.
    "You could have said no," I laugh. Atticus takes a deep breath, rubbing his forehead. "You have no right to be ma-"
    "I have every right to be mad at you, Bexley," he says. Ew, not my full name. "If he had got stopped they would have arrested you to. Aren't you so concerned about not messing your life up?" My smile fades. "You need to think before you do shit."
     "I was thinking," I say. Zav looks around awkward, feeling that he's over stayed his welcome. I take a deep breath, not wanting to embarrass myself. "Thank you," I tell him, forcing a smile. He makes his way over to the door, waving at me.
    "Don't be stupid," he says as he passes Atticus on the way out, closing the door behind him. I swallow down my nerves, feeling my heart beat in my chest. I can't tell which one of us is the right anymore. Yes, it was stupid for us to what we did, but I thought things through before I got in the car.
    "You have anything to say for yourself?"
   "Yeah, for you to not speak to me like I'm a child." The door opens again and Marissa comes in holding a bag from Victoria's Secret. She immediately hides it behind her back when she sees her brother. A nervous laugh escapes her lips.
    "Is there a reason Zav was walking down the hall with a huge grin?" She asks. Atticus and I both shake our heads, not wanting to go into detail. She'd probably be on my side of things though. I'm happy she's here, now I don't have to deal with him alone. I know that sounds immature of me, but the man is intimidating as hell when he's upset.
     "Let's go," Atticus says, his voice changing completely. Now he sounds like nothing is wrong. Oh hell no, he ain't playing this game. If there is a problem, I'm not gonna push it under the rug because he doesn't want to look bad in front of his sister.
    "Go where?" I ask, trying to sound as clueless as possible. Marissa awkwardly walks to her bed, making sure that the bag is not to be seen.
    "You're staying with him again? It's a Sunday," she says, sitting down. I nod in agreement, not sure what to say. He nods, making his way to the door.
    "I don't have my clothes ready," I tell him, not wanting to leave. If we leave and I go to his place we'll end up fighting then things are just gonna be awkward.
     "I can wait while you get stuff together."  Asshole.
    ••••••