•Marriage Letter•

{•edited•}
~Bex's POV~

          "As much as I love Vina, this feels amazing," I say, looking into Atticus's eyes. They're lighter than usual. His hand runs up and down my spine, making me more and more tired. My naked body is pressed to his, legs a tangled mess under the sheets. "It's been really nice tonight."
"Me too. Hopefully, Marissa didn't turn your daughter into a big ball of glitter," he says. My smile fades at what he calls her. Your daughter. I wonder what would have happened if we stayed together before. Would I have gotten pregnant, but with his baby? Does he see himself as a father figure in Corvina's life or just as an uncle?
"C-can I ask you something?" I ask. He nods, throwing his arm over my side. The added weight hurts, but I ignore it and get used to the pressure. "You're Vina's uncle, But do you see yourself as something more? Like a father figure?"
You could have heard a pin drop. His face pales a few shades. I'm shocked I even let us get married before this talk. He's always been so good with Vina that titles never mattered to me, and still don't, but I'm curious to know what he thinks. His relationship with her means so much to me and I want them to be close.
"I feel like whatever I say will sound disrespectful towards my brother," he says. He's been better on talking about Zav, trying to keep his words as friendly as possible so I don't snap at him. I was shocked when he talked about him yesterday evening after Zav came to "pick up" Vina.
"I still want to know where you stand. I promise not to get mad, or hit you with a bread roller," I say, giving a dramatic smile at the end. He chuckles, looking as uncomfortable as I'm sure he feels talking about this.
"I know I'm only her uncle, but I do feel like I am more of a father figure. It's not that I feel I do more for her than Zav, which yes, that's true recently, but there are reasons for that. I've been in her life since the second she was born, I was the first person to hold her, see her; So yeah, she's more of a daughter than a niece in my eyes."
      Hearing him say the words means more to me than I think he understands. When I first told him I was pregnant with Vina, it didn't go well either time, both drunk and sober. He thought it was best for me to let her go because of the lives we live, or mostly that Zav lives, but this was the best thing I could have ever done for myself. I've always felt that he still believed what he said, I don't know why because he's never shown any sign of it; it was probably my mind playing tricks on me.
     "I love you so much," I say, playing with his hair. The blush that creeps onto his cheeks is adorable. I'm not sure why he blushed, I tell him I love him all the time. "Someone feeling shy all of a sudden?"
    "No, but the way you were looking at me was way too vulnerable and it was making me nervous," he says, laughing at himself. "But I love you too. Thank you for getting on my nerves five years ago." I gasp, slapping his bicep. He smiles, his perfect teeth making an appearance.
    "I didn't even do anything. Just said my name and you were a dick," I defend myself. At the time, that got on my nerves. If anything, that moment made me think we wouldn't be anything but acquaintances, but damn was I wrong. That dick ended up being my husband.
    "Okay, fine. I was a dick and I'm sorry. But isn't that a thing girls like?" I roll my eyes. Yes, yes it is, and that's because we girls are fucking stupid when it comes to our liking in men. "But anyway, you asked something so now I can."
    "That's not how this works, but okay. You could have just asked." His blush gets brighter, even in this horrible dim lighting, I can see it.
    "I'm not feeling insecure by what you said, but...why Zav?" Oh shit. "What's the difference?" That guy abuses me in the bedroom.  
    "It's not too much of a difference, it's just...he was a lot rougher, which is kind of my number one turn on." And his dick is bigger.
    "What?"
    "Huh?" I ask, placing my hand on his chest.
   "You just said his dick is bigger." Just choke me to death this time so I can avoid this. I look off to the side, not wanting to do this any longer. "Okay, fine."
     "Listen, just sometimes act like you hate my fucking guts when we're...you know."
    "You're crazy."
    "I know."
     •••••
~Atticus's POV~