four! ⋆ THAT'S DEPRESSING

( songs for the chapter )⋆ rocket man // elton john⋆ there is a light that never goes out // the smiths

⋆ rocket man // elton john
⋆ there is a light that never goes out
// the smiths

( songs for the chapter )⋆ rocket man // elton john⋆ there is a light that never goes out // the smiths

THE SOUND OF CRACKLED MUMBLING woke Kate from her sleep. She lifted her head from the pillow, looking towards the clock radio on her nightstand. The bright green numbers told her it was barely midnight, so she was obviously confused as to why one of the boys were talking through her Supercomm.

It took a minute for her to blink the haze of sleep from her eyes. She reached for the walkie-talkie next to her. Kate lifted the antenna and pressed the button on the side, before she began to speak. "What the fuck is going?" she groaned out tiredly.

"There's a girl trying to get naked in Mike's basement," Dustin's voice sputtered through the speakers in one hurried breath.

"What?" Kate asked in a surprised shout that shockingly didn't wake her dad. She could still hear him snoring from two rooms away. She sat up in her bed and switched on the lamp.

"There's a girl getting naked in Mike's basement, and you need to come over now!"

"Dude, it's midnight..." Kate pointed out to the boy who apparently didn't care that people were trying to sleep, while he was bringing in random strangers who were evidently getting naked.

"And?"

"Please, Kate," Mike suddenly spoke as he snatched the Supercomm from Dustin. "We need your help."

Kate hesitated for a moment. If she left without waking her dad, he'd probably find out that she left and she might actually get grounded. If she did wake him, he wouldn't let her leave without him – and something told her that he'd probably tell the boys' parents if there was a girl stripping in Mike's basement. But she knew she needed to go; those were her boys and they needed help – so she was going to help them.

"I'll be there in ten minutes."