thirty five! ⋆ TOO FAR GONE

( songs for the chapter )⋆ la bohème // charles aznavour ⋆ california dreamin' // the mamas & the papas⋆ we'll meet again // vera lynn

⋆ la bohème // charles aznavour
⋆ california dreamin' // the mamas & the papas
⋆ we'll meet again // vera lynn

( songs for the chapter )⋆ la bohème // charles aznavour ⋆ california dreamin' // the mamas & the papas⋆ we'll meet again // vera lynn

THE LOCKER ROOM WAS DARK, and somehow scarier than normal. Under different circumstances, Kate would probably be terrified of being in there alone with Billy – but she wasn't alone, not really. It was all apart of the plan.

Everyone had left for the night, upon Kate's sudden request to close. It took Adam by surprise for a moment but he didn't hesitate to say yes. He gave her the keys to the front gate and left before she could even think about changing her mind.

The two of them were completely alone in the employee locker room as the two of them got ready to shower – separately of course. But unbeknownst to the blonde boy next to her, that wasn't going to happen.

The sound of clanging metal at the entrance took both of them by surprise. And even though Kate was fully aware of what was going on, it still managed to startle her for a moment.

"Pool's closed," Billy shouted to no one.

Kate pretended to be scared as she pulled out a fluffy white towel for the shower she wasn't going to have. The noises came once again and she turned to look at Billy with wide, worried eyes.

"I think someone's in here," she whispered, feigning alarm.

He looked at her for a second, taking in her frightened appearance. The sound of footsteps echoed down the hallway and he huffed in annoyance.

"Stay here," he muttered before quickly taking off in the direction of the noise. Kate wrapped the towel around her shoulders as goosebumps trailed over her pale skin. Billy pounded on the door that was suddenly locked.

One of the kids began to shout his name, taunting him to come find them; and the blonde boy listened. He was fully prepared to kick anybody's ass at that point.

"Billy!" Mike yelled in a sing-songy voice.

Kate watched as he walked down the dimly lit hallway, toward the sauna.