thirty nine! ⋆ MISTER FUNNY, MISTER COOL

( songs for the chapter )⋆ the russian nightingales // the red army choir⋆ i want to hold your hand // the beatles⋆ she's got you // patsy cline

⋆ the russian nightingales // the red army choir
⋆ i want to hold your hand // the beatles
⋆ she's got you // patsy cline

( songs for the chapter )⋆ the russian nightingales // the red army choir⋆ i want to hold your hand // the beatles⋆ she's got you // patsy cline

KATE WOKE UP IN A dimly lit room, with a tray of tools on a table in one corner and a dentist chair in the other. She tried to move her hands, but quickly realised they were handcuffed behind her back and looped through a pole so she couldn't move.

Her heart began to beat rapidly as she tugged against the restraints. She wondered where Steve and Robin were, if they were still alive or not — if Dustin had Erica had gotten caught too, or if the two finally found freedom.

The door opened suddenly, causing Kate to jump in fright. A tall, dark-haired man entered the room with his hands behind his back. He wore the same green uniform like the rest of the soldiers and stood still in front of Kate, but only for a second. He reeled back his hand slapped her as hard as he could.

She cried out loudly as his ring sliced her cheekbone.

"Who do you work for?" he asked deeply, his accent thick.

Kate took in a shaky breath. "Uh, Hawk-Hawkins pool?"

Another slap. Another scream.

Tears slipped down her face as the soldier crouched down in front of her. Their faces were level and he wore a sickening smile, that wasn't the least bit kind.

"Let's try again. Who do you work for?"

"No one," she cried, before she hysterically began to ramble. "I probably don't even work at Hawkins Pool anymore because I haven't been to work–"

"How do you get in?" he quickly changed the subject.

"The Scoops Ahoy delivery didn't come, so my friends and I went to the loading dock, but then it turned into an elevator–"

He hit her again and she yelled through her cries, "Why did you keep hitting me?"

"You're lying."